NEXT Digital: SAS Developer / Lead
NCS is a leading technology services firm with presence in Asia Pacific and partners with governments and enterprises to advance communities through technology. Combining the experience and expertise of its 10,000-strong team across 49 specialisations, NCS provides differentiated and end-to-end technology services to clients with its NEXT capabilities in digital, cloud and platform as well as core offerings in application, infrastructure, engineering and cyber security. NCS also believes in building a strong partner eco-system with leading technology players, research institutions and start-ups to support open innovation and co-creation. For more information, visit ncs.co.
What is the opportunity?
NCS is looking for a developer highly proficient with SAS products to operationalize the data integration and management process – to ingest data from numerous data sources and apply transformations for data quality and insights. In addition, the SAS developer should have a strong SAS programming background, with proficient SAS competency highly suited and capable for programming, maintaining code, ad hoc reporting tasks as well as supporting the reporting functions. The SAS developer will need to work closely with the different members of the team, from business users, project managers, and other technical mangers to develop data pipelines to automate data acquisition and cleansing, to sustain analytics and AI initiatives.
With familiarity with the SAS platforms and products, this role requires the ability to translate business and technical requirements into data interfaces, data transformation jobs and design data models that powers self-service analytics or AI projects. To support this, you may also need to establish data management processes such as data governance, data cataloguing, security/privacy classification and advise our clients on the collection, storage and consumption of information in their organisations.
What will you do?
- Design and implement relevant data models in the form of data marts stored in Operational Data Stores, Data Warehouses or Big Data platforms
- Build data pipelines to bring information from source systems, harmonise and cleanse data to support analytics initiatives for core business metrics and performance trends.
- Perform data profiling to understand data quality and advise practical measures to address such data issues through data transformation and data loading
- Dive into company data to identify sources and features that will drive business objectives.
- Work closely with project manager and technical leads to provide regular status reporting and support them to refine issues/problem statements and propose/evaluate relevant analytics solutions
- Bring your experience and ideas to effective and innovative engineering, design and strategy
- Work in interdisciplinary teams that combine technical, business and data science competencies that deliver work in waterfall or agile software development lifecycle methodologies
- The range of accountability, responsibility and autonomy will depend on your experience and seniority, including:
- Contributing to our internal networks and special interest groups
- Mentoring to upskill peers and juniors, guiding the SAS interns of the team
The ideal candidate should be / possess:
- Possess good communications skills to understand our customers’ core business objectives and build end-to-end data centric solutions to address them
- Good critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- 3 years of relevant IT software experience relating to data integration/ETL and data warehousing implementation. Experience needs to include data mapping, ETL development and testing.
- Mininum 2 years development experience with implementing ETL solution in SAS Data Integrator.
- Hands-on experience for other SAS Tools will be an added advantage
- SAS Enterprise Miner
- SAS Enterprise Guide
- SAS Visual Analytics
- SAS Viya
- Has knowledge in Windows and Unix environments
- Ability to be flexible enough to work for extended hours and on weekends as needed to handle high priority issues, production recoveries, provide support to infrastructure releases.
- Possesses excellent communication skills and demonstrates ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
- Good Team Player, quick learner and self-starter who requires minimal supervision
- Experience with other aspects of data management such as data governance, metadata management, archival, data lifecycle management
- Large scale data loading experience moving enterprise or operational data from source systems to new applications or data analytics solutions
- Familiar with other Big Data platforms and/or other ETL tools and products on the market
If you would like to be part of the winning team that does great work, apply today!
To All Agencies:
Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Singtel Group and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid
Headquartered in Singapore, Singtel has 140 years of operating experience and played a pivotal role in the country’s development as a major communications hub. Optus, our subsidiary in Australia, is a leader in integrated telecommunications, constantly raising the bar in innovative products and services.
We are also strategically invested in leading companies in Asia and Africa, including Bharti Airtel (India, South Asia and Africa), Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines) and Advanced Info Service (Thailand). We work closely with our associates, leveraging our scale in networks, customer reach and extensive operational experience to lead and shape the communications industry.
Together, the Group serves over 700 million mobile customers around world. Singtel is one of the largest listed Singapore companies on the Singapore Exchange by market capitalisation.
The Group has a vast network of offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the USA, and employs more than 23,000 staff worldwide.