Network Planning Manager
Date: 20 Aug 2023
At Singtel, our mission is to Empower Every Generation. We are dedicated to fostering an equitable and forward-thinking work environment where our employees experience a strong sense of Belonging, to make meaningful Impact and Grow both personally and professionally. By joining Singtel, you will be part of a caring, inclusive and diverse workforce that creates positive impact and a sustainable future for all.
At Singtel, we believe in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers. We strive to ensure all our people practices are non-discriminatory and provide a fair, performance-based work culture that is diverse, inclusive and collaborative.
Join us and experience what it’s like to be with an Employer of Choice*. Together, let’s create a brighter digital future for all. *Awarded at the HR Fest Awards 2020.
Cloud Network Engineer / Manager
Your role as a Cloud Network Engineer / Manager is to plan and operate the lifecycle of DC-SDN (Datacenter Software Defined Networking) and IP backbone networks supporting our Network Functions Virtualization Infrastructure (NFVI) on which our VNFs (Virtual Network Functions) and CNFs (Containerized Network Functions) for services such as mobile, voice, broadband, etc. are hosted.
Make an Impact by:
- Forecast capacity demands ahead of time to budget and manage expansion
- Technology refresh and optimization
- Plan the roadmap and operational / functional enhancements
- Run Tenders with the support of the Procurement team, including the preparations of technical specifications, evaluation, negotiation, and contracting.
- Manage Project Delivery within the allocated budget, resources, and timeline.
- Service Transition to ensure Project is handed over to Operations.
Skills for Success:
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or Engineering
- Strong knowledge in networking topologies and fundamentals such as TCP/IP, OSPF, VRF, BGP peering, MPLS, VLAN switching, Firewall and various layer 1 connectivity. Hands-on implementation experience will be a plus.
- Basic knowledge of network security related system such as Firewall, VPN, PIAM, SIEM, etc,
- Basic knowledge of cloud networking technologies such as NSXT, SDN, CNI (Container Network Interface) plugins, OpenFlow, etc
- Project management
- Good team player and communication skills
- Highly motivated to take on challenging timelines and targets
- Fast learner to pick up new technical skillsets and knowledge
Rewards that Go Beyond
- Hybrid work arrangements
- Full suite of health and wellness benefits
- Ongoing training and development programs
- Internal mobility opportunities
Headquartered in Singapore, Singtel has 140 years of operating experience and played a pivotal role in the country’s development as a major communications hub. Optus, our subsidiary in Australia, is a leader in integrated telecommunications, constantly raising the bar in innovative products and services.
We are also strategically invested in leading companies in Asia and Africa, including Bharti Airtel (India, South Asia and Africa), Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines) and Advanced Info Service (Thailand). We work closely with our associates, leveraging our scale in networks, customer reach and extensive operational experience to lead and shape the communications industry.
Together, the Group serves over 700 million mobile customers around world. Singtel is one of the largest listed Singapore companies on the Singapore Exchange by market capitalisation.
The Group has a vast network of offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the USA, and employs more than 23,000 staff worldwide.