Network Maintenance Engineer
Date: 28 Oct 2023
As a Network Maintenance Engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring the smooth operation and maintenance of network infrastructure within our client’s organization. You will work closely with network administrators, engineers, and other IT teams to support and maintain the organization’s network systems. You will be responsible for monitoring network performance, identifying and resolving issues, and implementing preventive measures to ensure optimal network functionality.
- Perform regular monitoring and maintenance of the network infrastructure to ensure optimal performance and availability
- Troubleshoot network issues reported by users, identify the root cause, and implement appropriate solutions in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with network administrators and engineers to design and implement network upgrades, expansions, and changes, ensuring minimal disruption to network services.
- Maintain network documentation, including network diagrams, configurations, and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Coordinate with vendors and service providers for network equipment procurement, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Keep up-to-date with emerging networking technologies, trends, and best practices to recommend and implement network enhancements.
- Provide technical support and guidance to end-users and other IT teams regarding network-related issues, troubleshooting steps, and preventive measures.
- Comply to ITSM/ITIL methodologies in daily operation e.g. Change, Incident & problem management.
- Monitor & measure the performance & availability of systems proactively; implement corrective actions identified to improve performance & service level availability.
- Support service continuity measures i.e., backup/restore procedures & disaster recovery plan.
- Configures, tests, and maintains LAN/WAN equipments and related services.
- Attain key certifications for partnership with key vendors
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent
- Relevant certifications (e.g., CCNA, CCNP) are a plus
- Proven experience as a network maintenance engineer or a similar role, with a strong understanding of network protocols, technologies, and best practices.
- Proficiency in network monitoring and management tools
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, routing protocols (e.g., OSPF, BGP), LAN/WAN technologies, VLANs, VPNs, and network security concepts
- Experience with network equipment, including switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers, and wireless access points
- Familiarity with network troubleshooting methodologies, including packet capture analysis, performance monitoring, and log analysis
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to diagnose and resolve complex network issues
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and stakeholders
- Able to rotate on 24×7 Standby on a shift basis
Headquartered in Singapore, Singtel has 140 years of operating experience and played a pivotal role in the country’s development as a major communications hub. Optus, our subsidiary in Australia, is a leader in integrated telecommunications, constantly raising the bar in innovative products and services.
We are also strategically invested in leading companies in Asia and Africa, including Bharti Airtel (India, South Asia and Africa), Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines) and Advanced Info Service (Thailand). We work closely with our associates, leveraging our scale in networks, customer reach and extensive operational experience to lead and shape the communications industry.
Together, the Group serves over 700 million mobile customers around world. Singtel is one of the largest listed Singapore companies on the Singapore Exchange by market capitalisation.
The Group has a vast network of offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the USA, and employs more than 23,000 staff worldwide.