: 09/Sep/2022, 9:32:33 AM
: 10/Oct/2022, 2:59:00 AM
- Trade capture, life cycling, daily funding and PnL flash runs for Macro business.
- Manage query remediation, trade life-cycling and other day-to-day processing, ensuring timely escalation to minimise risk exposure.
- New business enablement and solutions, partner to deliver strategic FM initiatives:
- Drive Operational readiness.
- Collaborate with global Middle Office to achieve seamless follow the sun model and constantly seek opportunities to achieve process consistency.
- Face of Operations to Macro Trading and Sales Desks locally – primary point of contact:
- Insulate FM from post execution processing / queries, represent Operations functions.
- Build team profile with the Front Office.
- Stakeholder engagement, 2-way flow of information – “Trusted Advisor”.
- Build strong relationship with Trade Control to facilitate efficient communications and speedy resolutions of issues:
- Identify and close knowledge gaps within the Hubs through hands on training.
- Drive continuous improvement and innovate:
- Partner with Technology to deliver transformation.
- Work with FO to identify booking model improvements and drive efficiency.
- Be up to date and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Adherence to Ops Risk Framework standards of implementation and process management.
- Financial Markets Middle Office was set up in 2016 to deliver first class trade support, business enablement and accurate / timely trade representation in order to meet obligations to clients, counterparties and regulators. We are product and process subject matter experts aligned to the Global Financial Markets business providing follow the sun support, a continuous improvement mindset and industry connectivity.
Regulatory and Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment].
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Exercise authorities delegated by the Board of Directors and act in accordance with Articles of Association.
- University degree preferred
- Proficient knowledge of Financial products – FX, FXO, Rates, Treasury Market.
- Knowledge in FXO and Rates structured products will be a plus.
- Understanding of end to end trade execution workflow with knowledge in risk and market data.
- Thrive on working in fast paced environment while maintaining attention to detail.
- Fast learner with the ability to think out of the box and provide solutions.
- Proficient in Excel (pivots, lookups and basic VBA an advantage).
- Demonstrate strong teamwork with internal and external groups.
- Strong inter – personal skills and confident communicator.
- Analytical mindset.
- Financial product knowledge
- Risk and PnL knowledge
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you’ll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies – everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
Recruitment assessments – some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you’ve applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers
About Standard Chartered
We offer banking services that help people and companies to succeed, creating wealth and growth across our markets. Our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise – Here for good.
With more than 86,000 employees and a presence in 60 markets, our network serves customers in close to 150 markets worldwide. We're listed on the London and Hong Kong Stock Exchanges as well as the Bombay and National Stock Exchanges in India.