: Business Support and Management
: 06/Sep/2022, 12:35:50 PM
SABRE (Standard Chartered Analytics Booking and Risk Engine) is the bank’s strategic Risk and Valuations platform for Financial Markets and Treasury Markets. It is entirely developed in house at SCB.
The main purpose of the role is to manage and support the platform roll out and enhancements across Financial Markets business lines. The role sits in FM IT and provides close interaction with Traders, Risk Managers, Product Controllers and FM IT management.
This is an exceptional opportunity to work in a fast paced, highly visible role to FM IT. This Change – The – Bank role works closely with the Trade Risk head and requires out-of-the-box, creative thinking, problem solving skills and an ability to embrace and drive change.
- Autonomously manage one or several streams of work on the SABRE program in the Counterparty Credit Risk space.
- Ensure appropriate governance for these streams is established including management of project financials, tracking of hiring, risks and issues management, etc.
- Prepare material and host Refinement Sessions and Working Groups with the relevant Senior Accountable.
- Understand current processes, and support users transition onto the new platform. Be The Change.
- Be a SME for Counterparty Credit Risk calculations and infrastructure.
- Be able to see the broader picture, engage upstream / downstream and deliver end – to – end solutions to the users.
- Gather and document business requirements, analyse the technical feasibility with the development teams, write user stories in JIRA.
- Analyse impacts of proposed changes, including functional and technical changes as well as analytics model upgrades.
- Draw delivery plans, present planning and forecast to the relevant forums.
- Document new functionalities. Arrange user trainings when relevant.
- Work actively and creatively with automation testers to ensure all new functionalities are tested and added in test pack with optimal coverage and performance.
- Maintain and spread knowledge of the solutions being developed with the wider team.
- Ensure solutions developed are generic and reusable as possible. Leverage other streams deliveries.
- Deep dive in analytics / models queries when necessary.
- Drive the multi-year strategic roadmap.
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving and analytical skills.
- 5 – 10 years of experience working in Traded Risk space preferably Counterpart Credit Risk.
- Ability to work, prioritise and deliver under pressure.
- Solid quantitative background in Traded Risk calculations.
- Experience working on in-house software or leading vendor software (Murex, FIS, BBG, etc).
- Technical background, SQL, Python, etc is a plus.
- Ability to translate business needs into functional requirements and produce quality documentation.
- Strong communication with an excellent standard of English (written and spoken).
- Multicultural awareness, personal authority, integrity and ethics.
- Counterpart Credit Risk
- Programme Management
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you’ll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies – everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
Recruitment assessments – some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you’ve applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers
About Standard Chartered
We offer banking services that help people and companies to succeed, creating wealth and growth across our markets. Our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise – Here for good.
With more than 86,000 employees and a presence in 60 markets, our network serves customers in close to 150 markets worldwide. We're listed on the London and Hong Kong Stock Exchanges as well as the Bombay and National Stock Exchanges in India.