Manager, Regional Data Centre
Date: 8 Nov 2023
At Singtel, our mission is to Empower Every Generation. We are dedicated to fostering an equitable and forward-thinking work environment where our employees experience a strong sense of Belonging, to make meaningful Impact and Grow both personally and professionally. By joining Singtel, you will be part of a caring, inclusive and diverse workforce that creates positive impact and a sustainable future for all.
Be a Part of Something BIG!
Are you ready to take on a dynamic role in the heart of the Data Centre industry? We are seeking a Finance Manager to join our team, supporting the Regional Senior Director and the Regional DC Co. This is an exciting opportunity to make a significant impact on our business growth through capital market financing initiatives, mergers and acquisitions, and financial operations support.
Make an Impact by
- Assist in the overall project management of Data Centre (“DC”) which includes Singapore, Thailand and Indonesia and other markets
- Support SG and regional tender for high value Data Centre equipment.
- For Singapore,
- Oversee financial modelling, review of business case and assumptions, and work with DC team on data room preparation.
- Work with the business, M&A teams and advisors to prepare marketing documents for potential partners including teaser, IM and oversee any internal preparatory work or briefings to Steerco, MC, FIC/Board etc.
- Work closely with Treasury team in advancing discussions with potential lenders similarly including necessary marketing documentation, due diligence materials
- Partner external advisors or consultants on any other tax/legal matters alongside Singtel corporate functions.
- For regional,
- Thailand: Working within Singtel to monitor performance of JV, including any business case where applicable
- Indonesia: Valuation work coordination within Singtel on deal related consideration.
- Other markets (e.g. Malaysia, Vietnam) : Involvement in BD related work (e.g. market scoping) for specific financial modelling work, business case work needed.
Regional Financial Operations
Work with local partners/management to support the following:
- Evaluation and set up local ERP system. [Regional ERP plan at Regional DC level]
- Set up local procurement policy and scope of joint procurement exercise with RDC
- Set up local bank accounts, payroll and approval matrix for procurement, bank transaction and contract deviations
- Support sourcing of project financing, when appropriate
- Develop template for the setting up of financial operations that can be used for JVs in other markets
- Set up budgeting and reporting cadence
- Support capital drawdown and any Board/shareholder matters
Skills for Success
- Degree in Accountancy or ACCA
- At least 8-10 years’ relevant experience
- Sound knowledge of accounting and finance
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- High proficiency in Financial Modeling
- Proficiency and an intuitive understanding of multiple business drivers, key value creation levers, and other quantitative metrics that support a full financial model
- Ability to process and critically evaluate business models from both strategic investor’s perspectives
- Strong business acumen & exposure to commercial finance
- Strong team player with leadership and people management qualities
- Strong analytical and communication skills, meticulous and high learning agility
Rewards that Go Beyond
- Full suite of health and wellness benefits
- Ongoing training and development programs
- Internal mobility opportunities
Your Career Growth Starts Here. Apply Now!
We are committed to a safe and healthy environment for our employees & customers and will require all prospective employees to be fully vaccinated.
Headquartered in Singapore, Singtel has 140 years of operating experience and played a pivotal role in the country’s development as a major communications hub. Optus, our subsidiary in Australia, is a leader in integrated telecommunications, constantly raising the bar in innovative products and services.
We are also strategically invested in leading companies in Asia and Africa, including Bharti Airtel (India, South Asia and Africa), Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines) and Advanced Info Service (Thailand). We work closely with our associates, leveraging our scale in networks, customer reach and extensive operational experience to lead and shape the communications industry.
Together, the Group serves over 700 million mobile customers around world. Singtel is one of the largest listed Singapore companies on the Singapore Exchange by market capitalisation.
The Group has a vast network of offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the USA, and employs more than 23,000 staff worldwide.