: 02/Sep/2022, 9:42:34 PM
: 04/Oct/2022, 2:59:00 AM
The Role Responsibilities
- Awareness and understanding of the Group’s business strategy and model appropriate to the role
- Responsible for the daily operational BAU for PvB investment products which includes trade settlements, asset transfers, corporate action and stock/nostro reconciliation.
- Ensuring daily operational activities are completed accurately and timely. Workflow management and problem solving skills are key.
- Possesses knowledge of Securities Operations like trade settlements, order placement, asset transfers and corporate actions.
- The person should also have good system skills, problem solving , analytical , handling multiple geographies, workflow management, second layer /linkage b/w manager and the team members , driving error reduction improvements, contributing innovative ideas for better productivity, risk reduction process controls, training etc. Risk Management
- To ensure all control/operating procedure and documentations are properly followed.
- To ensure compliance to all established procedures, regulations and the Group Guidelines.
- To keep track of changes (internal and external) affecting Clients and communicate such changes, along with impact analyses, on a pro-active basis, through newsflashes, market insights, operations guides and through other routine communication.
People and Talent
- A team player and able to motivate others towards the same goal
- Conducts oneself in a professional and mature manner
- Possesses a can-do attitude
- Collaborative skills and should be able to work with staff across locations and grades.
- Basic knowledge of RISK gradings, BASIL Norms
- Promote and embed a culture of openness, trust and risk awareness, where ethical, legal, regulatory and policy compliant conduct is the norm.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Business partners across countries, Central operations, GBS SSO Management team and Larger SSO team.
Our Ideal Candidate
- 1+ Years of operations experience and should have done Change Management role
- Knowledge of Trade Settlements, Corporate Actions and Funds operations
- Knowledge of various Securities instruments like Equities, Fixed Income, Fund orders, FX orders, Derivative products
- Experience dealing with custodians and agents
- Innovative thinking and having an aptitude/appetite for process improvements
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Custody Knowledge
- Lean Six Sigma
- Other LEAN tools
- Document writing
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you’ll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies – everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
Recruitment assessments – some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you’ve applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers
About Standard Chartered
We offer banking services that help people and companies to succeed, creating wealth and growth across our markets. Our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise – Here for good.
With more than 86,000 employees and a presence in 60 markets, our network serves customers in close to 150 markets worldwide. We're listed on the London and Hong Kong Stock Exchanges as well as the Bombay and National Stock Exchanges in India.