Manager, NCS Risk Management
NCS is a leading technology services firm with presence in Asia Pacific and partners with governments and enterprises to advance communities through technology. Combining the experience and expertise of its 10,000-strong team across 61 specialisations, NCS provides differentiated and end-to-end technology services to clients with its NEXT capabilities of digital, cloud, platforms as well as core offerings in application, infrastructure, engineering and cyber security. NCS also believes in building a strong partner eco-system with leading technology players, research institutions and start-ups to support open innovation and co-creation. For more information, visit ncs.co.
We are committed to a safe and healthy environment for our employees & customers and will require all prospective employees to be fully vaccinated.
Being part of the Singtel Group Risk Management (GRM), the role provides support to the development and advisory of Business Continuity Management to Business Units.
Business Continuity Management
- Support to BCM Lead and work collaboratively with the other team members within GRM, Business Unit and functions responsible for Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery (BC&DR) to ensure comprehensive and effective BC&DR plans and practices, and crisis exercises and reviews.
- Support BCM Lead to provide expert advice to management and relevant committees / working groups on BC&DRP and associated risk issues over critical assets and during major incidents or crisis.
- Respond swiftly to major incidents impacting the Group which require management intervention / input at an early stage (i.e. crisis management) in order that a full scale crisis does not eventuate.
- Facilitate or conduct training on business continuity and ensure regular testing of BC&DRPs by business units and functions assist in conducting crisis exercises; conduct crisis exercise to test readiness of senior executives and business units and functions in dealing with crisis.
- Maintain and promulgate the Singtel Group BCM Programme documents (such as the BCM Policy, Crisis Management Policy, templates etc).
Risk Management and Governance
- To assist with roles promulgating ERM framework, culture and processes.
- To work with the Business Unit to establish risk strategies, and identify, assess and monitor risks in a structured manner.
- To review the internal controls in selected risk areas and develop appropriate risk mitigation plans to mitigate the risks.
- To participate in relevant risk management subcommittees or discussions.
- To support the Management/ Management Committee in assessing the risks and contract deviations from time to time. This entails having a good understanding of the underlying risks and appreciation of the legality of the contract deviations (which can be sales or procurement contracts) that require approval by Management Committee.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Degree in IT or Engineering
- More than 5 years of risk management, consulting, financial or auditing work experience.
- At least 3-5 years of relevant experience in implementing crisis management and DRP programmes.
- Risk Management & control concepts (i.e standards (e.g. ISO 31000, COSO)).
- Some experience in developing business continuity plans would be desirable.
- Analytical and critical thinking.
- Experience working in challenging business environment with proven capabilities in organizing, summarizing, and presenting complex information.
- Preferably RIMS-CRMP, PMP, ITILv4 certified or equivalent.
- A strong team player with positive attitude.
- Highly driven, autonomous and resilient.
- Enjoy working in a dynamic and multi-cultural team and business environment.
- Good communication (oral, written) and presentation skills
- Enjoy interacting with all levels of management.
- In-depth understanding of the telecommunications / ICT industry. These include the technology risks, competition and transformation developments in the telecommunications/ ICT industry, environmental risks, regulatory risks etc.
Headquartered in Singapore, Singtel has 140 years of operating experience and played a pivotal role in the country’s development as a major communications hub. Optus, our subsidiary in Australia, is a leader in integrated telecommunications, constantly raising the bar in innovative products and services.
We are also strategically invested in leading companies in Asia and Africa, including Bharti Airtel (India, South Asia and Africa), Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines) and Advanced Info Service (Thailand). We work closely with our associates, leveraging our scale in networks, customer reach and extensive operational experience to lead and shape the communications industry.
Together, the Group serves over 700 million mobile customers around world. Singtel is one of the largest listed Singapore companies on the Singapore Exchange by market capitalisation.
The Group has a vast network of offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the USA, and employs more than 23,000 staff worldwide.