Manager, Group Risk Management
Date: 25 Oct 2023
At Singtel, our mission is to Empower Every Generation. We are dedicated to fostering an equitable and forward-thinking work environment where our employees experience a strong sense of Belonging, to make meaningful Impact and Grow both personally and professionally. By joining Singtel, you will be part of a caring, inclusive and diverse workforce that creates positive impact and a sustainable future for all.
Be a Part of Something BIG!
Singtel is Asias leading communications technology group, operating in one of the worlds fastest growing and most dynamic regions. Together with Optus, our wholly-owned subsidiary, and our regional associates Airtel, AIS, Globe and Telkomsel, we serve a mobile customer base of more than 770 million across 21 countries.
This role is an exciting opportunity to be part of the Singtel Group Risk Management (GRM) team and to provide risk advisory services to the Singtel Singapore business unit, which is the market leader in connectivity in Singapore serving consumers and enterprises. The role will involve working directly with Singtel Singapore business divisions, leading risk initiatives and activities, and contributing to the growth of effective risk management practices within the business.
Make an Impact by
- Ensuring the continued relevance of risk management policies and protocols through periodic reviews and strategic updates
- Educating and coordinating between key stakeholders on risk management strategies and activities
- Proactively driving risk management practices in the Business Units including, but not limited to strategic, financial, technology, operational and compliance risks.
- Participating in relevant risk management subcommittees or discussions.
- Conducting proactive data-driven evaluation of existing risk management processes and workflows to ensure effective minimalism and relevance.
- Facilitating the preparation/update of the associated risk registers and relevant risk reports which identify and assess the key risks that the Business Units are facing.
- Ensuring that inherent and residual risks are identified, tracked, monitored, and addressed in an effective and coherent manner.
- Performing risk assessments of the various Business Units based on the risks identified.
- Reviewing of material contracts and assessing risks of deviations from standard contractual positions
- Reviewing of internal risk management controls and development of appropriate risk treatment plans to respond to the risks adequately and effectively.
- Supporting risk roles in key projects that require GRM presence and involvement.
- Keeping abreast of relevant geopolitical events and associated risks
- Propagating the culture of risk awareness within the business
Skills for Success
To excel in this role, you should have:
Education and Qualifications:
- A recognized degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, IT or Engineering.
- At least than 5 years of risk management experience within a large/ complex organization.
- Experienced in working in challenging business environment with proven capabilities in organizing, summarizing, and presenting complex information.
- Able to review commercial contracts and good understanding of the legality of contract terms.
- Understanding of the technology risks, competition and transformation developments in the telecommunications/ ICT industry, environmental risks, regulatory risks is a plus.
Technical / Professional Skills:
- Advanced knowledge of risk management and control concepts, leading risk management practices and standards (e.g. ISO 31000, COSO).
- Analytical and critical thinking.
- Experience working in challenging business environment with proven capabilities in organizing, summarizing and presenting complex information.
Non-Technical / Soft Skills:
- A strong team player with positive attitude.
- Highly driven, autonomous, and resilient.
- Enjoy working in a dynamic and multi-cultural team and business environment.
- Good communication (oral, written) and presentation skills.
- Enjoy interacting with all levels of management.
Rewards that Go Beyond
- Hybrid work arrangements
- Full suite of health and wellness benefits
- Ongoing training and development programs
- Internal mobility opportunities
Headquartered in Singapore, Singtel has 140 years of operating experience and played a pivotal role in the country’s development as a major communications hub. Optus, our subsidiary in Australia, is a leader in integrated telecommunications, constantly raising the bar in innovative products and services.
We are also strategically invested in leading companies in Asia and Africa, including Bharti Airtel (India, South Asia and Africa), Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines) and Advanced Info Service (Thailand). We work closely with our associates, leveraging our scale in networks, customer reach and extensive operational experience to lead and shape the communications industry.
Together, the Group serves over 700 million mobile customers around world. Singtel is one of the largest listed Singapore companies on the Singapore Exchange by market capitalisation.
The Group has a vast network of offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the USA, and employs more than 23,000 staff worldwide.