: 07/Sep/2022, 9:37:20 AM
: 08/Oct/2022, 2:59:00 AM
- Responsible for the monitoring and control of transactions to ensure compliance with approved credit terms.
- Responsible for the management of commodities collateral in the CTMU-managed portfolio.
Credit Monitoring – responsible for monitoring of the credit portfolio:
- Manage a portfolio of commodity-finance facilities protecting the Bank’s exposure to risk through the constant monitoring of credit facilities and valuation of collateral.
- Jointly responsible (with Front Office and TB) for a good relationship with the Bank’s customers and intermediaries / counterparties, maintaining and building client relationships.
- Approval of an ongoing monitoring of transactions to ensure they remain within agreed credit parameters as approved / recommended by Credit.
- Managing credit risks in a timely manner by reacting to facility excesses and collateral shortfalls.
- Ensuring that proper notification to (risk) management of deviations and deterioration in the Bank’s credit risk position takes place.
- Overseeing the mark-to-market of the underlying goods financed and making margin calls to clients as required.
- Ensuring the physical safekeeping of title documents and administering the safe custody of these documents.
- Regular liaison with financial / trading contacts of our clients and intermediaries / counterparties such as collateral management companies / warehouses / surveyors / forwarders / insurance companies etc.
- Providing timely and proper release instructions to warehouses / forwarders and information updates to relevant counter parties such as insurance companies etc.
- Shared responsibilities for MIS reporting for Country Head and the team.
- Take part in UAT testing for system upgrade/release.
- Manage title document flows between Trades ops and CTMU.
- Check that transactions fall within agreed credit parameters as approved/recommended by Credit Committees.
- Show credit risks in a timely manner by reacting to facility excesses and collateral shortfalls.
- Ensure that proper notification to local/Head Office (SCO/RCO) risk management of deviations and deterioration if the Bank’s credit risk position takes place.
- Provide account/risk management with advice as to credit and collateral monitoring possibilities within proposed/approved credit structure.
- Ensure timely receipt of required non-standard security documentation and confirm proper execution of same in conformity with local guidelines/policies or after consultation with risk management or internal/external legal counsel.
Responsible for providing periodic information (daily, weekly, monthly as applicable) by reporting on the following issues:
- Client liability & Collateral position reports to Relationship Management, local and Head office Risk Management (SCO/RCO) as well as to clients.
- Excess/shortfalls/irregularities/deviations from approved facility parameters.
- Non-receipt of insurance policies/premium receipts as well as any other document or information required under the terms of the Credit Application (BCA).
- Ensure timely response to external credit enquiries and audit enquires from accountants.
Jointly responsible for a good relationship with the Bank’s customers and intermediaries/counterparties:
- Ensure jointly with Account Manager, where possible good utilisation of the facility.
- Maintain good relationship with traffic/financial/trading contracts of our clients and intermediaries/counter- parties such as warehouses/surveyors/forwarders/insurance companies etc.
- Provide timely and proper release instructions to warehouses and information updates to relevant parties such as insurance companies etc.
- Support the implementation of the IMO target operating model for CTMU in the region.
- Identify process efficiencies and try to streamline such requirements to provide better client service and risk management.
- Support increasing the profile of the CTMU function with internal and external stakeholders.
- Achieve an active dialogue with RCO/ SCO in discussing risk issues and on-going development of the portfolio.
- Regular client contact to ensure better understanding of clients’ business; the markets in general and increase CTMU profile.
- Contribute to the achievement of maximum team productivity and overall division’s productivity goals.
People & Talent
- Lead through example; engage in peer-to-peer leadership.
- Provide effective orientation/ guidance to new joiners on the bank’s policies/ procedures/ processes to ensure their successful assimilation into the team and the bank.
- Develop and implement a personal learning plan with team manager, to attain necessary competencies.
- Successfully complete milestones as laid out in implemented personal learning plan.
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role remit.
- Comply with applicable Money Laundering Prevention Procedures and report any suspicious activity to the operational risk team and Line Manager.
- Proactively manage risks and establish/ monitor controls to improve the overall state of the risk management and operating framework across the region.
- Ensure a clear and uniform approach towards implementation of the global operating model for all IMO related processes and adherence to DOIs.
- Build awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the function.
- Ensure strict adherence to regulatory requirements.
- Ensure strong due diligence on document safekeeping and data confidentiality.
- Ensure that risks are clearly identified and quantified, properly tabled in the appropriate forums and appropriate RCPS are done; reporting and referring appropriate issues to superior.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles. Fair Outcomes for Clients, Effective Financial Markets, Financial Crime Compliance, The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- IMO Teams
- Regional Head of CTMU
- Relationship Managers / CCM
- Legal & Compliance
- Product Partners (e.g. TB/FM)
- Trade and Cash Operations
- FM Operations and Traders
- Embedding Here for good and the Group’s brand and valued behaviours in the Integrated Middle Office team.
- Performing other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
- Preferably degree qualified or possessing relevant commodity trade finance and/or collateral management experience.
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Trade Finance
- Data Science
- Manage Risk / Process Management
- Collaborate / Communicate / Take the lead / Spot Opportunities / Solve Problem
About Standard Chartered
We’re an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we’ve worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you’re looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can’t wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you’ll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do.
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well.
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term.
- In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations.
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum.
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns.
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits.
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning.
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies – everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
Recruitment assessments – some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you’ve applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers
About Standard Chartered
We offer banking services that help people and companies to succeed, creating wealth and growth across our markets. Our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise – Here for good.
With more than 86,000 employees and a presence in 60 markets, our network serves customers in close to 150 markets worldwide. We're listed on the London and Hong Kong Stock Exchanges as well as the Bombay and National Stock Exchanges in India.