Manager, Corporate Facilities / Building Management
NCS is a leading technology services firm with presence in Asia Pacific and partners with governments and enterprises to advance communities through technology. Combining the experience and expertise of its 10,000-strong team across 61 specialisations, NCS provides differentiated and end-to-end technology services to clients with its NEXT capabilities of digital, cloud, platforms as well as core offerings in application, infrastructure, engineering and cyber security. NCS also believes in building a strong partner eco-system with leading technology players, research institutions and start-ups to support open innovation and co-creation. For more information, visit ncs.co.
We are committed to a safe and healthy environment for our employees & customers and will require all prospective employees to be fully vaccinated
- Responsible for the delivery of efficient and cost-effective project management to NCS property portfolio.
- To supervise and lead the outsourced service providers to ensure day to day Project management, facilities management, maintenance of systems, service and the processes are consistently kept at high standard to support our operational requirements.
- Responsible for the performance of the team and delivery of KPIs.
- Plan, Support and execute comprehensive project/facility management programs
- Plan, upkeep and oversee project/facilities management.
- Responsible for the administration of all contractual obligations for maintenance contracts including but not limited to construction management, facilities management, replacement and improvement work, etc.
- Review of contracts specifications to ensure cost effectiveness and competitiveness.
- Plan, conduct, supervise and carry out inspections and follow up on replacement and/or rectification works thereafter.
- Develop and maintain good relationship with stakeholders, contractors and/or vendors while exercising cost control measurement.
- Optimise lease, space management and planning.
- Facilitate and ensure contractors/vendors complete the repair, maintenance and /or upgrading work within required timeline and standards.
- Identify and troubleshoot problems with proposed solutions on all facilities issues as it arises.
- Prepare and manage budget (OPEX & CAPEX) for building management.
- To adhere with the Standard Operation procedure and to make recommendation for improvement on workflow or processes.
- Liaise with authorities relating to building statutory requirements and ensure compliance to all legislation e.g fire safety, occupational safety and health, etc.
- Carry out investigation and recommend preventive measures on reported cases of service breakdown, accidents, fire incidents and other irregularities.
- To provide technical solutions to users during WSH and keep users aware of the activities on building and facilities. Collect information and feedback to users on their requirements.
- To drive NCS’s Green initiatives, plan and manage renewable energy projects and co-ordinate CSR reporting (water consumption, electricity, etc).
- Procure any ad-hoc vendors/ services to assist with the ongoing upkeep of facilities.
- Monitor the maintenance schedules and plan for the maintenance requirements in advance. Liaise with the stakeholders to ensure any risks to the business operations are mitigated due to the planned maintenances.
- Project Management:
- Demonstrate deep understanding of Design Intent and able to adjudicate on issues affecting the works.
- Review request for changes, analyse and advise Change Orders impact, assist in negotiating contractor’s proposals, submit recommendations to stakeholders.
- Oversee the settling contractual disputes or differences which may arise between NCS and the Contractor.
- Work with consultants and contactors to review technical aspects of the project and value engineer proposed design elements from an owner’s perspective in an effort to minimize cost and maximize overall project value.
- Liaise with building FM or MA on operational and safety requirements or submissions to ensure it is properly disseminated to Consultants and Contractors.
- Attend regular project meetings with consultants and contractors to manage Users’ changes and monitor workmanship while ensuring cost remain under budget and critical milestone deadlines are met.
- Conduct regular site inspections to track progress and ensure that works are carried out properly and according to design intents.
- Review invoices against actual work performed and make recommendation on the payment certification to Consultants and Contractors upon successful completion of works.
- Conduct joint inspection with Users and together with the Consultants and Contractors in preparation for handing over of completed project.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in Project Management(Contruction), Facilities Management, Building Services or its equivalent. Applicants with substantial relevant experience in facilities management may apply
- Minimum 7 years relevant experience in facilities management of buildings, with at least 5 years at managerial level
- Able to work with minimal supervision. Must be a good team player
- Good customer service attributes
- Good interpersonal and negotiation skills as job requires extensive cross functional/divisional dealings
Headquartered in Singapore, Singtel has 140 years of operating experience and played a pivotal role in the country’s development as a major communications hub. Optus, our subsidiary in Australia, is a leader in integrated telecommunications, constantly raising the bar in innovative products and services.
We are also strategically invested in leading companies in Asia and Africa, including Bharti Airtel (India, South Asia and Africa), Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines) and Advanced Info Service (Thailand). We work closely with our associates, leveraging our scale in networks, customer reach and extensive operational experience to lead and shape the communications industry.
Together, the Group serves over 700 million mobile customers around world. Singtel is one of the largest listed Singapore companies on the Singapore Exchange by market capitalisation.
The Group has a vast network of offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the USA, and employs more than 23,000 staff worldwide.