: 07/Sep/2022, 12:43:58 PM
: 08/Oct/2022, 2:59:00 AM
Data Management team is critical part of Group COO Business Risk Management team which help manage risk for Retail Banking Operations with Data in Particular area.
The Primary role of the team is to manage data and ensure CPBB is in compliant with Data Management Policy and related Standards.
- To drive and support alignment to DM policy across all CPBB which will cover Personal Banking Client, Business Banking Client, Private Banking and Affluent Client.
- To socialize with respective Group Operation team, Country / Regional team, ORO, RFO on any approach, solution that team will implement.
- To support any regulatory, internal and adhoc audit against Data Management.
- To ensure timely escalation on any risk related to Data Management.
The above requires strong skills in data analysis, influence, communication and senior-stakeholder management to ensure alignment on design as well as rigor of execution.
- Support SC’s strategic data management, which interprets regulatory directives, group policies and standards and applies compliant practices that protect the Bank’s assets / reputation.
- Provide business analysis support in delivering the solution for Data Quality Management Treatment Plan and other treatment plans across Records Management and Privacy as the need arises.
- Review business requirement documents and identify data requirements – define the source data sets, mapping and transformation rules, aggregation and reporting requirements, etc.
- Analyse and ensure end-to-end data lineage, handshake, dictionary and transformation logic are established and up to date. Identify and document data sources and data consumers. Identify golden sources and recommend data sourcing approach.
- Work closely with Downstream process owner and business risk owner to develop data quality validation rules and data quality maintenance / control where appropriate.
- Plan and coordinate profiling of data to ascertain data quality and consistency, if required.
- Work with various technology teams to deliver data responsibilities.
- Actively participate in any audit related to data within CPBB.
- Manage end-to-end communications with the user community and stakeholders.
- Ensure processes are streamlined and any control related issues are flagged timely to process owners and Operation Risk.
- Support in implementation of controls to ensure accuracy of NTB on boarding and ongoing static data updates on ETB.
- Help to design control monitoring to help DQM process owner manage their risk.
People and Talent
- Manage stakeholders efficiently and engage them appropriately from a project support standpoint.
- Manage Data Management (DM) related risks (including (but not limited to) Data Quality, Privacy and Secrecy and Records Management) within CPBB Business.
- Participate and perform Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) on Data Management (DM) related risks within CPBB Business.
- Perform quarterly Residual Risk Assessment (RRA) on CPBB Data Quality Management process.
- Ensure robust project governance of the project at a country, regional and global level.
Regulatory and Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Group / Regional / Country Onboarding / Service Transacting / BRM Operation team, CPBB FCC, CPBB OR, CDO, respective RFO and CPBB Data.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher – preferably in Accounting, Statistics, and Computer Science or highly relevant equivalent experience is required.
- Experience in Project management and project financials.
- Experience in running Projects for Multi-Country Rollouts and good grasp of Agile and Waterfall Project Management methodologies from a business perspective.
- Demonstrated experience.
- In the Finance, Risk and/or Regulatory reporting space for at least 8 – 10 years.
- Deep knowledge of the strategic business drivers and operational process requirements.
- Part of large development or implementation project / consulting organizations supporting complex data management programs in the finance and regulatory reporting space.
- Project management / Business Analysis experience in the data management area. Must be able to enforce deadlines in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Broad experience with data requirements, data modelling concepts, data integration, master data management, metadata management, enterprise data warehousing (EDW) and business intelligence / analytics, tools, protocols and practices.
- Able to understand and interpret logical and physical data models.
- Attention to detail, good analytical and problem-solving skills and critical thinking are essential.
- Possess leadership capabilities and is able to lead a focused task force.
- Cultural sensitivity and awareness to work with a range of people from diverse background and geographies.
- Good command of English and possess good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Project Management
- Data Management
- Risk Management
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you’ll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies – everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
Recruitment assessments – some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you’ve applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers
About Standard Chartered
We offer banking services that help people and companies to succeed, creating wealth and growth across our markets. Our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise – Here for good.
With more than 86,000 employees and a presence in 60 markets, our network serves customers in close to 150 markets worldwide. We're listed on the London and Hong Kong Stock Exchanges as well as the Bombay and National Stock Exchanges in India.