: Data and Analytics
: Europe & Americas-United Kingdom-London
: 30/Aug/2022, 1:43:15 PM
: 01/Oct/2022, 2:59:00 AM
We research systematic trading ideas that predict the future of financial markets, applying scientific techniques to find patterns in large, noisy and rapidly changing real-world data sets. We are working on the fringes of the possible, innovating new techniques where necessary. We also build on the latest academic research into optimisation methods to find innovative solutions that overcome the simplified assumptions of traditional financial maths. Hence the following are key:
- Design and develop client centric and bank wide ML-powered analytical products
- Provide necessary data analytics support to various internal stakeholders, including (but not limited to): sales, relationship managers, leadership, traders
- Develop machine learning and advanced analytics solutions with the aim of improving yields from the business and enable improved customer experience.
- Work alongside existing analytics teams to enable consistent approach to data requirements
- Work alongside engineering team to make the models production-ready and deployable for use of internal customers
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Global Head of Digital Channels and Data Analytics, Global Heads of Credit and Macro Trading
- Advanced programming skills in python
- 8 Years of experience in machine learning, data science and/or other quantitative roles
- Advanced knowledge of statistics and probability theory
- Advanced experience and knowledge in ESG investing and analysis
- Quantitative finance experience is a plus
- MSc./PhD in a quantitative discipline (e.g. mathematics, physics, computer science, engineering)
- Ability to learn new skills (e.g. new programming languages, new business terminology)
- Machine Learning
- Statistics & probability
- Data manipulation (SQL)
- Quantitative finance
About Standard Chartered
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you’ll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies – everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
Recruitment assessments – some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you’ve applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers
About Standard Chartered
We offer banking services that help people and companies to succeed, creating wealth and growth across our markets. Our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise – Here for good.
With more than 86,000 employees and a presence in 60 markets, our network serves customers in close to 150 markets worldwide. We're listed on the London and Hong Kong Stock Exchanges as well as the Bombay and National Stock Exchanges in India.