: Business Support and Management
: 08/Sep/2022, 8:36:07 AM
: 08/Oct/2022, 10:29:00 PM
The Role Responsibilities
The role of Lead, Business Analysis is part of the Standard Chartered HR Transformation team and will report into the Programme Manager, Data Transformation role. This role involves leading a team of Data Transformation Business analysts engaged in all aspects of business process and design from business requirements gathering to solution design, delivery and supporting change and enablement of Data Transformation solutions. The role also involves team development for the Business Analysis team, mentoring Business Analysts, and support driving of innovation and new (agile) ways of working at the bank.
A successful candidate is an experienced HR Transformation and / or Business Analysis professional with a proven track-record in leading a team to deliver multiple complex HR transformation projects simultaneously in large organisations with agile methodology. Deep subject matter expertise in HR functional process, solution design, and a strong knowledge of business operations, technology, other functional processes and change management is essential. Experience with Data Analysis and Reporting, Data Quality management, Data Privacy, Records Management would be an advantage.
Strategy and Approach
- Develop strategies to link HR outcomes to customer outcomes, business outcomes, and employee outcomes using people data and insights
- Conceptualise and lead activities related to the development, execution and realisation of the Data Transformation strategy including building a foundation on Agile and Innovation with a focus on new ways of designing, enabling, and delivering solutions across workstreams
- Drive activities related to analysis, building of tools, templates and other enablers to drive innovation and experimentation in the Programme
- Oversee key project initiatives and facilitate cross functional collaboration
- Drive upskilling, reskilling and experimentation efforts to drive the bank’s future ready transformation Data Transformation capability
- Contribute to Data Management strategic conversations at the portfolio and programme levels with senior leadership
- Develop impactful communications for the purposes of driving strategic discussions with senior leadership
Business and Performance Management
- Lead engagements with key stakeholders within specific workstreams to define business requirements related to continuous improvements and innovation opportunities
- Lead the design and enablement of Data Transformation projects from conception to adoption
- Build strong and credible relationships with our stakeholders across different lines of business, working collaboratively to achieve business objectives
- Work with and influence senior leaders and technologists across a diverse set of functions to deliver HR Data Transformation solutions that solve for our clients’ key problems
- Lead and facilitate Agile ways of working within squads across the programme
- Deliver reporting and analytical insights related to benefits realisation at both programme and project levels
- Deep expertise in operational process design
- Lead planning, implementation, evaluation, and maintenance of product backlogs, to achieve anticipated benefits using Agile methodology
- Lead exploration and recommendation of areas of opportunity for process improvements – eliciting requirements & pain points from stakeholders, facilitating workshops & retrospectives, and implementing improvements & change initiatives
- Collaborate with the Stream Leads and Product Owners, Data Architects, Technology Architects, and other Programme team members to implement metrics and performance goals related to solution delivery
- Facilitate customer requirements gathering and subsequent development of user cases and user stories
- Facilitate transitioning the user stories and use cases to technology developers and ensure a clear and complete understanding of business requirements.
- Facilitate translating of user stories and use cases into test conditions and expected results for product, performance, and user acceptance testing
- Lead change management and enablement activities to drive adoption of digital solutions
People and Talent
- Experience in and passion for growing and building impactful teams
- Motivate the team to accomplish project goals and deliverables effectively
- Creating a conducive environment which inspires the team and holistically promotes employee well-being
- Effectively mentor business analysts relating to project work, professional and personal development
- Constantly exploring new methods related to performance management, professional development and training to continually evolve the way we approach team development
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills with the ability to collaborate and build strong relationships with multi-functional, multi-cultural, multi-product teams to achieve superior results
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills to communicate complex subjects and influence senior stakeholders to achieve objectives
- Exceptional presentation development and writing skills that emphasize storytelling, with the ability to use various tools and techniques to craft effective documentation and communication material
- Ensure HR Services deliver effective management of operational risks in compliance with applicable internal policies, external laws and regulations at a global level
- Act to minimise operational loss and audit failures and take proactive measures to respond to matters arising, identify and manage forward looking risks
- Embed the Group’s values and code of conduct across the team and larger function
- Ensure that Risk Management matters that are brought to the job holder’s attention are subject to direct remedial action and/or ensure adequate reporting to the appropriate Risk Committees
Regulatory & Business conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, in team and across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Work with the HR COO team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Senior Business Leaders, Programme Manager, Product Owner, Global People Services (GPS), Vendors, HR Global Process Owners, Functional teams
- HR Senior Leaders, HR COO team, CoE leads, Country HR Service Delivery, Heads of HR, HRBPs, Country Subject Matter
- Change and Enablement teams, Internal communications team, Corporate Communications team
- Key Functional Partners: Technology Senior Leaders, Innovation Technology Office (ITO), Finance, Property, Compliance, Legal and Risk
Our Ideal Candidate
- 10 years of relevant experience in digital transformation at a programme level delivering multiple projects related to business process and digital design
- A self-starter who possesses a growth mindset to facilitate and mentor problem solving, innovation and promote agility in the team and across the programme
- Passionate about Data, including how to manage, govern exploit in an HR context
- Strong communication skills with the ability to deliver complex messages to senior stakeholders
- Extensive experience in business operations transformation with preferable subject matter expertise in HR functional processes and a working knowledge of change management
- Proven experience in leading and facilitating Agile ways of working
- Experience working with other functional areas (IT, Finance, Property, Legal and compliance)
- Experience in a major management or technology consulting firm is an advantage
- Agile certification, equivalent or professional experience in agile projects
- Proven track record in leading and mentoring of mid to large size teams (>10) of junior to mid-level professionals
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Manage Conduct
- Manage Risk
- Manage People
- Manage Projects
- Business Facilitation: Lead initiatives to improve client experience, efficiency and cost management
- Facilitating effective coordination between business and functions
- Business Governance and support
- Organisational Development
- Market Knowledge
- Service Delivery and Operations Management
- Business Strategy and Model
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you’ll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies – everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
Recruitment assessments – some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you’ve applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers
About Standard Chartered
We offer banking services that help people and companies to succeed, creating wealth and growth across our markets. Our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise – Here for good.
With more than 86,000 employees and a presence in 60 markets, our network serves customers in close to 150 markets worldwide. We're listed on the London and Hong Kong Stock Exchanges as well as the Bombay and National Stock Exchanges in India.