Date: 24 Sep 2023
At Singtel, our mission is to Empower Every Generation. We are dedicated to fostering an equitable and forward-thinking work environment where our employees experience a strong sense of Belonging, to make meaningful Impact and Grow both personally and professionally. By joining Singtel, you will be part of a caring, inclusive and diverse workforce that creates positive impact and a sustainable future for all.
In Group IT, we create great technology that can change the future, and we’re looking for people to be part of our digital and 5G journey. If you like to work in a dynamic, leading communications technology group to deliver innovations and excellence across the region, come join our digital, software engineering, data and cyber security teams!
Apply now, and ignite our digital future together.
Make an Impact by
- Understand business functions and transform requirements into architecture and blueprints for the solutions being created, including proposing new innovative solutions, updates to existing solutions, negotiate alternative options, build technical, and release roadmaps.
- Create solution architectures that leverage microservices and APIs and where need be, break down monolithic applications into practical and functional microservices and APIs within a Cloud/DevOps environment.
- Work closely with development teams and get their buy-in into accepting designs to be implemented. Also, work with different stake holders, product owners, senior executives, external parties like system integrators, product partners.
- Provide a technology perspective to business to achieve roadmap and prioritization by keeping abreast with industry trends. Where required, help business size the complexity of problem and help simplify and define MVP.
- Ensure that solutions are compliant with regulatory requirements, such as data protection laws, security standards, and industry-specific regulations.
Skills for Success
- Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, or its equivalent
- 14+ years of experience in the technology industry including 8+ in architecture of scalable and high-performance internet facing systems
- Possess strong background and experience as a successful Software engineer/Architect in building large scale, highly available Internet and mobile applications.
- Have in deep/wide knowledge of cloud computing, microservices architecture (incl. design pattern, REST/gRPC, API gateway & service mesh etc.), DevOps, Streaming architecture, Modern data architecture, Mobile and Web application architecture
- Good experience in API security including OAuth2/OIDC, Tokens, mTLS etc.
- Significant experience working on mission critical internet facing applications focusing on scalability, performance, architecture aspects
- Passion for architecture and ability to pick up and learn new technological advances very quickly
- Exhibits leadership in guiding team members, adapts to changes in technology and business domains, has good knowledge of latest trends in the market and is well respected within the team
- Solid understanding of Public Cloud (pref. AWS) architecture. AWS certification is a big plus
- Experience in Java, Spring boot, any modern messaging technology, any Traditional and NoSQL database is a big plus
- Ability to effectively communicate vision and roadmap to all stakeholders. Exceptional communication skills with diverse audiences (including non-technical audiences)
Rewards that Go Beyond
- Hybrid work arrangements
- Full suite of health and wellness benefits
- Ongoing training and development programs
- Internal mobility opportunities
Your Career Growth Starts Here. Apply Now!
We are committed to a safe and healthy environment for our employees & customers and will require all prospective employees to be fully vaccinated.
Headquartered in Singapore, Singtel has 140 years of operating experience and played a pivotal role in the country’s development as a major communications hub. Optus, our subsidiary in Australia, is a leader in integrated telecommunications, constantly raising the bar in innovative products and services.
We are also strategically invested in leading companies in Asia and Africa, including Bharti Airtel (India, South Asia and Africa), Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines) and Advanced Info Service (Thailand). We work closely with our associates, leveraging our scale in networks, customer reach and extensive operational experience to lead and shape the communications industry.
Together, the Group serves over 700 million mobile customers around world. Singtel is one of the largest listed Singapore companies on the Singapore Exchange by market capitalisation.
The Group has a vast network of offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the USA, and employs more than 23,000 staff worldwide.