IT Systems Engineer
Date: 21 Sep 2023
- Manages and monitors all installed systems and infrastructure in LTE environment with company guidelines or SOP (standard operating procedure)
- Assists in the coordination of various teams testing and evaluating for the development of design and its implementation of the best output.
- Installs, configures, and tests operating systems, application software, and system management tools.
- Ensures the highest level of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Implements warranty and support activities.
- Evaluates the existing systems and provides the technical direction at L2 level to Syscon staff.
- Plans and implements system automation as required for better efficiency.
- Oversees the development of customized software and hardware requirement.
- Collaborates with other professionals to ensure high quality deliverables within organization guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Deals with work process, optimization methods, and risk management tools in the given projects for the successful accomplishments according to the requirements of the stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent.
- Minimum 1-2 years of system working experience in Linux, Cloud based system.
- Good proficiency in Linux system administration, including command-line interface (CLI) usage, package management, and performance tuning.
- Hands-on experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, or GCP, including virtual machines, networking, and storage services is a plus
- Understanding of networking concepts (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP) and security practices is a plus
- Experience with configuration management tools (e.g., Ansible, Puppet, Chef) is a plus.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and manage time effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Headquartered in Singapore, Singtel has 140 years of operating experience and played a pivotal role in the country’s development as a major communications hub. Optus, our subsidiary in Australia, is a leader in integrated telecommunications, constantly raising the bar in innovative products and services.
We are also strategically invested in leading companies in Asia and Africa, including Bharti Airtel (India, South Asia and Africa), Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines) and Advanced Info Service (Thailand). We work closely with our associates, leveraging our scale in networks, customer reach and extensive operational experience to lead and shape the communications industry.
Together, the Group serves over 700 million mobile customers around world. Singtel is one of the largest listed Singapore companies on the Singapore Exchange by market capitalisation.
The Group has a vast network of offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the USA, and employs more than 23,000 staff worldwide.