: 06/Sep/2022, 12:14:53 PM
: 07/Oct/2022, 2:59:00 AM
We’re an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we’ve worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you’re looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can’t wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you’ll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies – everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
Recruitment assessments – some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you’ve applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
This role is an exciting opportunity for a hands-on ION MarketView Platform Specialist. ION is a key component of our eTrading platform providing pricing and trading integration for D2C and D2D markets, for the Rates and Credit businesses. This role is an exciting opportunity to be part a global eTrading development team that is distributed over London, Bangalore and Singapore.
- Hands-on configuration, integration and testing of ION eTrading components
- Platform re-engineering to provide a stable and maintainable platform for the business
- Direct engagement with business stakeholders in Trading, Sales and COO teams.
- Implement changes and upgrades to the ION MarketView pricing and eTrading platform.
- Ability to provide L2 Production support
- Coordinate and organise changes with external vendors, markets, ECNs and infrastructure teams
- ION topology tuning to create and maintain a high-performance platform
- Writing documentation, user guides, regular demos
- Performing user verification testing with various groups during project go-live
- Ability to run projects end to end without monitoring
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Rates and Credit Electronic Sales and Trading Desks
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related technical field (or equivalent experience).
- 10 years of experience in ION Platform.
- Detailed knowledge of MMI .NET, D2C & D2D Connectivity Gateways, TOMS, PXE, REFDATA, VMO, VMQ, Run List Manager
- Experience of platform re-engineering, tuning and ION failover setup.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written. Ability to effectively interact with business stakeholders.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills in a complex trading environment including pricing and trade capture issues.
- Constantly challenging and seeking ways to improve platform consistency and maintainability.
- Automate/build tools, to industrialize support of a cutting edge in-house trading platform.
- Experience of ION perimeter and RTD monitoring and tuning
- Strong hands-on in depth experience of the ION MarketView product.
- Knowledge of Fixed Income eTrading environment in Rates and/or Credit businesses
- Troubleshooting skills in a complex trading environment including pricing and trade capture issues.
- Strong Linux experience including shell scripting and python scripting
- Experience of using source control systems, in particular GIT and maven build & packaging.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers
About Standard Chartered
We offer banking services that help people and companies to succeed, creating wealth and growth across our markets. Our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise – Here for good.
With more than 86,000 employees and a presence in 60 markets, our network serves customers in close to 150 markets worldwide. We're listed on the London and Hong Kong Stock Exchanges as well as the Bombay and National Stock Exchanges in India.