Job Number 24015293
Job Category Management Development Programs/Interns
Location Singapore Regional Office, 2 Harbourfront Place #06-08, Singapore, Singapore, Singapore VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Non-Management
CORPORATE INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
Marriott International, Inc. is seeking current university student who is passionate and keen to establish a long-term career in the hospitality industry. We create opportunities to develop our interns, allowing you to gain invaluable project experience, hone your leadership & team skills and position yourself for a rewarding career in the hospitality industry and beyond. We immerse you in an environment with people, places & practices that make up our thriving portfolio.
You will experience firsthand the thrills of working with some of the most sought-after hospitality brands & leaders in the world. If you are ready to learn, grow, and help people experience the world like never before, then we are ready for you. What better way to experience Marriott International, Inc. than being part of us?
The intern will work for Marriott’s L+D team on the following.
Key responsibilities include:
- Partner with the Communications Manager in translations management & copywriting for APEC region: –
- Coordinate and involve in translation and validation tasks.
- Provide support in copywriting, proofreading, and design of course materials, publications, and newsletters.
- Update/upkeep and maintenance of L+D platforms (e.g., Intranet, SharePoint sites)
- Assist in setting up any survey related forms and/or weblinks.
- Manage email distribution lists and other access channels required to facilitate AP L+D team’s work.
- Use different learning platforms (NovoEd. mHUB, etc.) to: –
- Manage enrollments, cohorts & participation
- Mark course completion
- Generate program completion report for program completion tracking
- Enhance participants’ learning experience.
- Partner with internal team members to make sure all L+D project activities are launched on time and stakeholders are positively engaged.
- Help in the administration of training records and assist to track all APEC L+D programs in Marriott platforms.
- Any administrative requirements from the team
- Gain knowledge on L+D functions in the Hospitality sector in APEC.
- Understand the difference in the functions of L+D department between Above Property and On-Property
- Learn about the various trainings offered in Marriott
- Grasp and appreciate the program management tasks that facilitate the success of programs deployment and delivery
- Enhance the learning experience of learners under Marriott’s blended learning approach
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
We are looking for university student who is passionate, committed, and keen to establish a career in the Development discipline with the following attributes:
- Ability to learn quickly and excel in a fast-paced environment
- Detailed-oriented, structured, and organized
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (especially MS Excel and MS PowerPoint)
- Excellent Analytical and Numeracy Skills
- Ability to build positive and effective relationship with team members across the L+D functions
Undergraduate in Social Sciences, Business Management, Economics or Marketing preferred
Singaporean, Singapore Permanent Resident Holder, or valid student pass / work holiday pass
Eligible for undergraduate in a Singapore registered university program / undergraduate or graduate of a university in Singapore, Australia, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, United Kingdom, or United States.
Prepared to commit to a six months’ internship
All employees must maintain a neat, clean, and well-groomed appearance per Marriott standards.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. Be where you can do your best work, begin your purpose, belong to an amazing global team, and become the best version of you.
About Marriott International
Marriott International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAR) is based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, and encompasses a portfolio of more than 7,000 properties under 30 leading brands spanning 131 countries and territories. Marriott operates and franchises hotels and licenses vacation ownership resorts all around the world. The company now offers one travel program, Marriott Bonvoy™, replacing Marriott Rewards®, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards®, and Starwood Preferred Guest®(SPG). For more information, please visit our website at www.marriott.com, and for the latest company news, visit news.marriott.com. In addition, connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.