: 07/Sep/2022, 10:32:07 AM
This role is to manage the operational excellence function within Global FCSO technology organization. This newly created role will be responsible for:
- Risk Management, Audit and Governance of FCSO technology organization.
- Portfolio Management – Book of Work / Resourcing / Cost management for the entire FCSO technology organization.
- Scrum of Scrums function for FCSO Technology globally.
- Quality Assurance – (to be expanded to cover this function in future).
- Responsible for streamlining the processes and corresponding execution on project kick-off, project tracking, resource allocation to various squads, managing the vendor relationships / contracts and financials for the entire FCSO technology organization in conjunction with the Scrum of Scrums role.
- Participate in prioritization forum and create dependency maps across tribes.
- Manage the newly created FCSO technology operations excellence team with hands-on leadership.
- Create efficient and lightweight processes to effectively lead the operational and overarching aspects of FCSO Technology business unit.
- Support new initiatives and innovations to bring cutting edge technology tools and methods in the FCSO Technology function.
- Look at the feasibility and technical constraints, ensuing the book-of-work will support the intended product and enable the overall FCSO Technology’s goals.
- Use experience of lean, product and customer centric businesses to optimise process within the team.
- Engage with enterprise and information and software architects to confirm solutions are consistent with the long-term architecture, roadmaps and information principles where necessary.
People and Talent
- Keep constant alignment with the other Scrum masters to anticipate dependencies and help in providing context to manage priorities.
- Understand if the team’s capacity is the correct one for the needed roadmap execution and needed corrective actions with engineering managers to have the optimal resources.
- Remove blockers and help identifying potential improvements and work with the Scrum Masters and the engineering managers.
- Participate in the preparation of production outputs and their planning.
- The ability to interpret the Group’s financial information, identify key issues based on this information and put in place appropriate controls and measures.
- Help Tribe lead to be risk control owner under the Group’s Risk Management Framework (including relevant Operational Risk Framework).
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group’s arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas; Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
Regulatory and Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the FCSO Technology tribes to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment].
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Exercise authorities delegated by the Board of Directors and act in accordance with Articles of Association.
- Financial Crimes Surveillance Operations (FCSO), FCSO Technology, Functions technology, CCIB business and technology teams, Retail business and technology teams, Audit team, Global Model Validation team, Compliance and Financial Crimes Controls (CFCC) team.
- Bachelor’s degree (or similar) in Engineering and / or MBA is preferred
- 10+ years of professional experience as program / portfolio / business unit manager of large technology organizations
- PMP or scrum master certification is highly recommended.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective communicator at C-Level by developing consistent and compelling storylines.
- Fluency in verbal and written communication.
- Proficient at Confluence, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Word.
- Proficient in technology cost management and tracking.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you’ll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies – everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
Recruitment assessments – some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you’ve applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers
About Standard Chartered
We offer banking services that help people and companies to succeed, creating wealth and growth across our markets. Our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise – Here for good.
With more than 86,000 employees and a presence in 60 markets, our network serves customers in close to 150 markets worldwide. We're listed on the London and Hong Kong Stock Exchanges as well as the Bombay and National Stock Exchanges in India.