: Institutional Banking
: 01/Sep/2022, 9:44:38 AM
: 02/Oct/2022, 2:59:00 AM
Standard Chartered has announced ambitious targets to reach Net Zero carbon emissions from its financed activity by 2050, including interim 2030 targets for the most carbon-intensive sectors. The Bank has also announced plans to mobilise USD300 billion in green and transition finance by 2030.
Achieving this goal requires an upskilled and future-ready workforce across CCIB equipped with the right tools and knowledge to execute the Bank’s ambitious Sustainable Finance and Net Zero agenda. We are seeking a Content and Engagement lead with strategic mindset, enthusiasm, tenacity, and implementation experience to develop and execute a multi-year, pan-bank strategy, and engagement plan to upskill the population. This role will allow the successful applicant to establish a deep knowledge of Sustainable Finance, Transition Finance and Environmental & Social Risk Management across the sectors we finance.
- Develop multi-year, pan-bank Sustainability upskilling and engagement strategy to drive the Bank’s ambitious Net Zero and Sustainable Finance targets.
- Articulate SF upskilling and engagement strategic intent, objectives, and delivery roadmap to a wide range of audience, including senior management.
- Develop multi-year Sustainable Finance upskilling plan; targeted at different frontline audiences (e.g.
- Relationship Managers, Product Sales, Industry and Investment Bankers, SF bankers) to achieve different levels of proficiency.
- Work in conjunction with SF experts (SF team, Risk, Learning), training delivery experts (HR, vendors, academic partners) and target audience (frontline businesses across Coverage, Financial Markets, Transaction Banking).
- Establish project delivery plan with clear timeline, deliverables, milestones, and budget, secure buy in from key stakeholders and decision makers.
- Accountable for mobilising relevant teams and executing the plan – design curriculum, build training materials, pilot, iterate and scale up specific training sessions / curriculum.
- Build continuous feedback loop with the various target audience to understand what works and what doesn’t, to continuously refine the approach.
- Proactively keeping abreast of global and industry developments, regulations, and relevant initiatives across CCIB.
SF Sales Content
- Oversee SF Content to ensure frontline teams are equipped with relevant materials with which to engage clients.
- Ensure that the sales content roadmap is linked to the training and vice versa (e.g., training should address where to find the relevant materials and how to use them).
Engagement and Communications
- Drive awareness of and engagement with SF topics by frontline teams on ongoing basis (beyond learning sessions) through full range of communications channels, e.g., Newsletters, Townhalls, Webinars, etc.
- Ensure engagement plan aligned with learning objectives, and work with relevant stakeholders to deliver on communications.
- Manage and proactively provide input to the Sustainable Finance Leaders and Champions programmes and Community of Practice, working closely with Client Content team and Future Ready Workforce to drive participation.
- Drive innovation across modes of delivery, ensuring a multi-faceted, multi-channel learning and development programme is in place.
- CCIB Sustainable Finance Team
- CCIB Client Coverage Team
- CCIB Business Development Team, especially client content
- Sustainability Strategy Team
- HR – People Capability, Future Ready Workforce
- Product and Functional Partners
Our Ideal Candidate
- University degree.
- 8+ years of experience in project management, strategy, consulting, learning and development, or ESG / Sustainable Finance.
- A strategic mindset and comfortable in fast-paced environments.
- Strong project management skills, with experience in managing timeline and budget for large scale projects.
- Strong awareness and interest in Sustainable Finance and Environmental and Social risk.
- Presentation and public speaking experience and skills to present SF trainings.
- Global awareness of E&S trends to examine and detect trends at industry / regional level.
Key skills and Requirements
- Knowledge about SF and CCIB business, enough to be able to work with the experts and shape a plan.
- Experience with different formats of effective training delivery – mix of online and offline.
- Good writing and communication skills, and experience with mass communication channels.
- Track record of delivering complex projects / initiatives and managing timeline and budget.
- Strategic planning experience a plus
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Market Knowledge
- Processes and Products
- Risk Management Knowledge
About Standard Chartered
We’re an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we’ve worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge, and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you’re looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can’t wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you’ll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together,Tagged as: Institutional Banking
About Standard Chartered
We offer banking services that help people and companies to succeed, creating wealth and growth across our markets. Our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise – Here for good.
With more than 86,000 employees and a presence in 60 markets, our network serves customers in close to 150 markets worldwide. We're listed on the London and Hong Kong Stock Exchanges as well as the Bombay and National Stock Exchanges in India.