: Data and Analytics
: 01/Sep/2022, 11:33:15 AM
The role holder will support the Credit Portfolio Management (“CPM”) team in delivering data solutions to support CCIB modelling deliverables and wider CPM initiatives where data analytics are required. The role holder will have day to day responsibility for managing the team of Data scientists and key deliverables as agreed with CPM MT and ensuring relevant governance & control processes are followed.
- Coordinate with Modelling teams to support data requests for Stress Testing, IFRS9, IRB model development from both an ad-hoc, tactical and strategic perspective
- Support the maintenance and future enhancement of the Analytics Datastore (“ADS”) and scan for further data driven opportunities across the wider CPM landscape
- Manage Data Quality and Assurance related activities for CPM and ensure ongoing compliance with BCBS 239 principles
- Project management of Data deliverables including planning, progress reporting and management of risk/issues and actions
- Engagement with Technology partners on Data initiatives and strategic data architecture decisions
- Work with partner teams to create and build next generation data products and analytics solutions
- Research, design, implement and validate cutting-edge analytics and data visualization techniques to demonstrate targeted outcomes.
- Work with CDO, CIO Functions and Modellers to run proofs of concept (PoC) in specific areas
- Provide expertise in migrating PoC projects to productionise (where found appropriate)
- Contributing/leading development of sandbox/prototype solutions coordinating with other areas of CPM as appropriate, demonstrate to users and gather feedback
- Assessing problem statements & propose potential solutions by advocating and enabling data-driven analytics
- Respond to requests from senior management to develop tactical, bespoke analyses to address urgent management information needs.
- Awareness of CPM function core deliverables and the support the team provides to the wider CCIB business functions
- Good understanding of key 1LOD business data sources and strategic direction for datastores across the CCIB landscape
- Support CPM in vendor management for externally sourced data and ensure Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) in place where necessary
- Support CPM with governance processes e.g., Risk Control Self Assessments, Global Process management etc
- Proactively drive the management of audit, both internal and external, and residual risk commitments assigned to Credit Portfolio Management function where they pertain to Data. Work collaboratively with key stakeholders to ensure audit commitments are met and comprehensive regular updates provided
- Support ensuring adherence by Credit Portfolio Management function to Operational Risk Framework and support the design and testing of key controls
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Work to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Operation of Financial Markets; Financial Crime Prevention; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- CPM MT
- CCIB Modelling Teams
- Client Coverage and DCDA
- Model Risk Management
- Business Support in country, region, and the broader network
- Group CDO
- Demonstrate Here for good and Group’s brand and values in daily behaviour.
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
- Embed Here for good and Group’s brand and values in team.
- Bachelor or master’s degree with technical degree preferred (statistics, mathematics, computer science, etc.)
- 10 or more years of experience working with large datasets and the expertise in data wrangling and credit risk modelling.
Role Specific Technical Competencies
Data Analysis Tools
- Designs new data analysis tools to increase data processing effectiveness.
- Develops strategies to minimize potential risks when using data analysis tools.
- Designs best practices to ensure the efficiency of data analysis, receipt, retrieval, etc.
- Expounds on future developments in data analysis tools and their applications.
- Establishes best practices in using data analysis tools to satisfy data analysis needs.
- Develops a theoretical understanding of data analysis tools.
Credit Risk Modelling
- PD/EAD/LGD model development experience or experience in implementation in Corporate, Institutional, and Commercial Banking, providing a strong understanding of the data aspects of Credit Risk models.
- Regulatory Framework and Requirements: Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework supporting Credit Risk Model Development
- Good knowledge of Banking risk management, and knowledge/exposure to Basel/CRR/EBA/IFRS 9 concepts a plus
- Understanding of Corporate, Institutional, and Commercial Banking portfolios and products a plus
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you’ll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies – everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
Recruitment assessments – some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you’ve applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers
About Standard Chartered
We offer banking services that help people and companies to succeed, creating wealth and growth across our markets. Our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise – Here for good.
With more than 86,000 employees and a presence in 60 markets, our network serves customers in close to 150 markets worldwide. We're listed on the London and Hong Kong Stock Exchanges as well as the Bombay and National Stock Exchanges in India.