: 02/Sep/2022, 3:01:00 AM
The Head of Aspire Digital COE has been created to transform Finance into a digital forward-looking organisation. The role will take full end-to-end ownership (i.e. both onshore and offshore) of the Finance Digital delivery
The role will be responsible for global teams including Singapore, Global Finance Service (Poland & India). They will interface extensively with Aspire MT, Global Process Owners & Senior Finance Management at Group level, with Country, Segment, Function, and Regional CFOs, and the heads of the GFS centres and work closely with the Aspire MT Team to deliver the data science & analytic capability.
There is an ongoing operating model and technology programme underway within Finance (the Aspire Programme). This role will work closely with this programme, shaping the future design of the Digital & Business Science landscape
- Together with the Global Head, Aspire Analytics & P2P Change assist the evolution of the digital & business science strategy for the function, incorporating business, economic and regulatory change with clear alignment to the Bank’s strategy
- Work with the Aspire MT to highlight and resolve trade-offs between competing business priorities and drive standardisation in the approach
Leadership & Governance
- Lead the Aspire Digital agenda
- Take the lead in identifying and driving initiatives designed to become digital
- Partner with globally accountable process owners driving global standards for analytics
- Standardised, centralised digital & business science capability
Execution, Process and Alignment
- Improve business insights, productivity and efficiency by driving the digital & business science agenda for the function to deliver scorecard.
- Lead in the full development life cycle, end-to-end, from design, implementation and testing, to documentation, delivery, support, and maintenance.
- Analyse source data systems and drive best practices in source teams
- Implement data ingestion routines using best practices in data modelling, ETL/ELT processes
- Sign off on gathered business and functional requirements and ensuring they are translated into requirements that are robust, scalable and operable solutions that work well within the data architecture pan Finance
- Evaluate and make decisions around dataset implementations designed and proposed by peer data engineers. Evaluate and make decisions around the use of new or existing software products and tools
- Lead and drive the building of large database models for Balance Sheet, PNL, Cost analytics and ratios
- To design data reflection optimization using partitions, sorting and virtualized views accelerate query times by reducing query planning and reading times
- Lead both the visualisation and data teams from multiple locations to ensure they are working in harmony and towards the same common goal
- Partner with Workstream Leads and GPOs to deliver and determine appropriate ways to navigate complex issues in the digital & business science domain
- Drive the ideation, design and complex implementation of the frameworks for digitalizing SCB’s finance processes. This includes
- Working with and across functions to define process end to end, outline digital workflow solutions and linkage to Finance legacy systems and ability to navigate a complex business & highly matrixed organization
- Build and manage relationships with key stakeholders locally, regionally and globally
- Foster strong internal and external relationships to ensure strong teaming, develop team skills and improve the overall success of the project.
- Act as advisor to the transformation initiatives in Finance by sharing experience and ideas on what the art of possible is to transform SCB’s Finance function
- Work collaboratively with other teams within and outside the Finance Functions to connect dots and integrate initiatives as needed
- Be a change ambassador across the Global Finance network, infusing learning, creating forum to share best practices and develop skills and capabilities in process transformations
- Maintain intellectual curiosity to understand advancements in technology and innovations which are happening across digital, analytics, robotics and artificial intelligence to influence SCB Finance Function direction
- Become a trusted advisor to the Journeys. Aspire MT, GPOs, FinOps MT and Global Finance partners and be able to support issues, communication and influence outcomes.
- Reinforce an effective and exemplary risk and control culture and further strengthen the control environment, ensure that specialist knowledge and skills are assigned to relevant needs.
- Act to minimize operational loss and audit failures and take proactive measures to respond to matters arising and identify and manage forward looking risks.
- Work with relevant teams to identify and mitigate identified operational risks in their areas.
- Through assignment of direct and indirect reports, establish and maintain an appropriate framework and procedures for monitoring, identifying, measuring, assessing, reporting and managing compliance, regulatory, financial crime, operational and reputational risks.
People and Talent
- Ensure the Finance organisation has appropriate capabilities and capacity to deliver scorecard priorities with potential to grow with needs of the Bank over time.
- Lead on the drive for up-tiering and up-skilling GFS and applicable countries in order to develop high performing teams for the future; inspire and engage people
- Business leadership / defining and agreeing solutions to drive effectiveness and efficiency with Finance and Business / Front Office management
- Support cross-Bank and finance talent development through thoughtful job design, selection of people managers and providing stretch opportunities for individuals to learn in role.
- Employ, engage and retain high quality people, with succession planning for critical roles.
- Responsibility to review team structure/capacity plans.
- Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives.
Regulatory & Business conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Support the Finance & Transformation team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Operation of Financial Markets; Financial Crime Prevention; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Aspire Programme Director & GCFO Strategic Initiatives
- Aspire MT
- Global Head of Finance Operations
- Finance Operations Management Team
- Deputy Group CFO
- Regional CFOs
- Country and Product CFOs
- Support function and business COOs
- Regional Finance Heads
- Group & Country Finance
- Aspire Design Authority’
- Business / Front Office
- 15+ years Industry experience as a Data Engineer or related specialty (e.g., Software Engineer, Business Intelligence Engineer, Data Scientist) with a track record of manipulating, and extracting value from large datasets.
- Experience in the full data project life cycles around large-scale, high-volume, and high-performance data structures for analytics and in software and data architecture in financial institution
- Experience with Big Data Platforms / Ecosystem (Hadoop, MongoDB, Kafka) and integration strategies for automated data consumption
- Experience across the full analytics stack from data storage, processing, 3rd party data enhancements, analytical techniques, and presentation layer
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills in networking and influencing decisions taken in the business and in T&I teams.
- Excellent business judgment, operational control management and risk assessment.
- Expert with data platforms, reporting products, hands-on, obsessed with using data to drive business decisions and passionate about building compelling and engaging visualizations
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Data Engineer
- Business Intelligence & Big Data Platforms
- Data Analytics
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you’ll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies – everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
Recruitment assessments – some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you’ve applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers
About Standard Chartered
We offer banking services that help people and companies to succeed, creating wealth and growth across our markets. Our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise – Here for good.
With more than 86,000 employees and a presence in 60 markets, our network serves customers in close to 150 markets worldwide. We're listed on the London and Hong Kong Stock Exchanges as well as the Bombay and National Stock Exchanges in India.