: 02/Sep/2022, 8:38:03 AM
This role is part of the Products, Golden Versions and Standardisation work within the Engineering Experience stream. This role focuses on: Automation and Opensource, E2E implementation, translating the product roadmaps.
This is a key priority/focus for the Bank and this specific squad is focussed on enabling / leading the – Control the spread of Products within the Bank and converge to Approved offerings. This thereby enables Standardisation and reduces Technical Debt.
- Experience into Automation and Opensource
- Standard Products and Roadmaps
- Engineering and Architecture
- Technical Role
- Across Business lines
- Central Engineering Technology – Products Focus and Enablement
- Application Development
- Open Source and Golden Versions enablement
- Scripting Tools to provide Automation
People and Talent
- DevOps, Engineering
- Controls, Products Standardisation
- Org Risk Management policies
- Technical Leader and Individual Contributor
- Org Risk and Compliance framework,
Regulatory and Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Products, Standardisation focus – to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles, Data unification, rationalisation and Controls enablement through the Central Engineering Vx Toolchain
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- App Dev Staff,
- SDF, TDA Controls partners.
- Application Development staff
- Cloud and DevOps teams
Our Ideal Candidate
- 5 + years of experience
- Engineering, Technical Education
- Hands on experience on DevOps, Automation and Architectural work
- Strong experience in full stack development
- Application Development
- Products Roadmaps exposure
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Front end development experience in Angular / NodeJS
- Application Programming – NodeJS / Java
- Data Engineering, App Architecture
About Standard Chartered
We’re an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we’ve worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge, and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you’re looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can’t wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you’ll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies – everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
Recruitment assessments –
About Standard Chartered
We offer banking services that help people and companies to succeed, creating wealth and growth across our markets. Our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise – Here for good.
With more than 86,000 employees and a presence in 60 markets, our network serves customers in close to 150 markets worldwide. We're listed on the London and Hong Kong Stock Exchanges as well as the Bombay and National Stock Exchanges in India.