Finance Manager (FP&A)
Date: 25 Oct 2023
At Singtel, our mission is to Empower Every Generation. We are dedicated to fostering an equitable and forward-thinking work environment where our employees experience a strong sense of Belonging, to make meaningful Impact and Grow both personally and professionally. By joining Singtel, you will be part of a caring, inclusive and diverse workforce that creates positive impact and a sustainable future for all.
Be a Part of Something BIG!
Are you ready to elevate your career in finance and make a significant impact on a dynamic, forward-thinking organisation? If you possess the skills and expertise to excel in financial analysis and reporting, we want to hear from you. We are seeking a talented and motivated Finance Manager (FP&A) to join our team and be a key player in driving our company’s financial success.
Make an Impact by
- Monthly / Quarterly Management Reporting
- Prepare monthly / quarterly financial and business performance reports for Senior Management.
- Perform analysis of financials versus various comparatives.
- Monitoring and reporting performance in terms of finance performance on revenue and expenses, as well as key value drivers.
- Budget and Forecast
- Manage Consumer Singapore Finance quarterly and long term forecasting and annual budgeting exercises. Prepare templates to disseminate to various business units and provide guidelines on key planning parameters.
- Consolidate, analyse, review and present the annual budget/quarterly forecasts to management. Assess reasonableness of financial assumptions and highlight risks and opportunities.
- Prepare presentations and papers to be shared with Senior Management and Board of Directors.
- Liaise with Group Consolidation team and different business units on intercompany reconciliation, management adjustment and cost allocation issues.
- Analyse cost allocation drivers and assess reasonableness.
- Competitor Analyses
- Analyse competitors results and analyst reports to provide insights into underlying relative performances.
- Prepare quarterly benchmarking report for Senior Management and Board of Directors.
- Drive and participate in systems enhancements and automation projects.
- Support CEO office and CFO in ad-hoc projects
- Any other duties and projects as assigned by Finance Director and CFO.
Skills for Success
- Degree in Accounting with 6 – 10 years of relevant work experience, prior experience in Big 4 preferred.
- Strong business acumen with good financial analysis and modelling skills.
- Innovative problem solving and decision making skills for unstructured situational issues.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and timelines that may have conflicting demands.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly self-motivated with a positive attitude.
- Strong technical competency and understanding of relevant accounting standards.
- IT savvy and proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of SAP will be advantageous.
- Adaptive to change and comfortable implementing change.
Rewards that Go Beyond
- Full suite of health and wellness benefits
- Ongoing training and development programs
- Internal mobility opportunities
Your Career Growth Starts Here. Apply Now!
We are committed to a safe and healthy environment for our employees & customers and will require all prospective employees to be fully vaccinated.
Headquartered in Singapore, Singtel has 140 years of operating experience and played a pivotal role in the country’s development as a major communications hub. Optus, our subsidiary in Australia, is a leader in integrated telecommunications, constantly raising the bar in innovative products and services.
We are also strategically invested in leading companies in Asia and Africa, including Bharti Airtel (India, South Asia and Africa), Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines) and Advanced Info Service (Thailand). We work closely with our associates, leveraging our scale in networks, customer reach and extensive operational experience to lead and shape the communications industry.
Together, the Group serves over 700 million mobile customers around world. Singtel is one of the largest listed Singapore companies on the Singapore Exchange by market capitalisation.
The Group has a vast network of offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the USA, and employs more than 23,000 staff worldwide.