NCS is a leading technology services firm with presence in Asia Pacific and partners with governments and enterprises to advance communities through technology. Combining the experience and expertise of its 10,000-strong team across 61 specialisations, NCS provides differentiated and end-to-end technology services to clients with its NEXT capabilities of digital, cloud, platforms as well as core offerings in application, infrastructure, engineering and cyber security. NCS also believes in building a strong partner eco-system with leading technology players, research institutions and start-ups to support open innovation and co-creation. For more information, visit ncs.co.
We are committed to a safe and healthy environment for our employees & customers and will require all prospective employees to be fully vaccinated.
Reporting to the Head of Finance, this role will actively participate in pre and post-acquisition activities in Merger & Acquisition opportunities, including performing financial due diligence. In addition, this role supports the Client Service Lead (CSL) in driving profitability through data-driven and actionable financial insights. Providing in-depth knowledge of financial to improve quality of planning, budgeting, forecasting, reporting and variance analysis.
- Analyze the financial data and identifying key trends behind the performance of the target business to assess the financial health.
- Assessing the reasonableness of the target business’ projections of its future performance.
- Evaluate integration risks during due diligence process.
- Actively drive integration activities relating to finance upon closure of acquisition (e.g. alignment of accounting treatment, establish governance processes & procedures, and synergy of finance team structure, etc).
- Partnering with Business Leaders (Client Service Leads (CSL) / Client Delivery Leads (CDL)/ Delivery Leads) to manage the overall profitability of the Key Account by providing financial data to the stakeholders including monthly management reporting of the actual and analytical review of the performance against forecast, budget, and prior year and the formulating of annual budgets
- Supporting the stakeholders in ensuring timely and accurate updates of pipelines, billings, revenue forecast, etc, and highlighting risk and suggest mitigation and gap closure plans.
- Partnering with CSL/ CDL/ DL in reviewing the project financial for projects under Watchlist to ensure projections are optimized and aligned with assumptions.
- Providing advisory and interpretation of accounting standards, policy and procedures to the relevant stakeholders of the Key Account.
- Review, streamline, standardize and recommend new or improvements to processes or systems to enhance financial management, operational efficiency, effectiveness, compliance and controls.
- Any other task assigned
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Degree in Accounting
- At least 8-12 years of relevant working experience in financial analysis and management reporting in MNC environment and external audit.
- Advanced proficiency in MS applications (e.g. Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong understanding of accounting standards
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to deal with all levels of staff in Singapore and across borders
- Possess excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Strong leadership and highly motivated to overcome challenges, and able to act as change agent for the company
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
Headquartered in Singapore, Singtel has 140 years of operating experience and played a pivotal role in the country’s development as a major communications hub. Optus, our subsidiary in Australia, is a leader in integrated telecommunications, constantly raising the bar in innovative products and services.
We are also strategically invested in leading companies in Asia and Africa, including Bharti Airtel (India, South Asia and Africa), Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines) and Advanced Info Service (Thailand). We work closely with our associates, leveraging our scale in networks, customer reach and extensive operational experience to lead and shape the communications industry.
Together, the Group serves over 700 million mobile customers around world. Singtel is one of the largest listed Singapore companies on the Singapore Exchange by market capitalisation.
The Group has a vast network of offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the USA, and employs more than 23,000 staff worldwide.