Date: 8 Nov 2023
NCS is a leading technology services firm, operating across Asia Pacific in over 20 countries, providing services and solutions in consulting, digital, technology, cybersecurity and more. We believe in the power of technology to make extraordinary things happen and to create lasting impact and value for our people, communities and partners. We bring together people and expertise to harness the best of technology. Our diverse 12,000-strong workforce has delivered a wealth of large-scale, mission-critical, and multi-platform projects for governments and enterprises in Singapore and the APAC region.
Finance Associate is responsible for managing day-to-day finance and accounting functions on the recording of newly-acquired tangible and intangible fixed assets, including maintaining fixed assets register, perform AUC (Assets Under Construction) account review and analysis of fixed assets expenditure and balances, disposals, transfers and depreciation of fixed assets. He/ She is expected to perform monthly closing of investment holding companies and ensuring true and fair reporting and timely preparation of financial statements and reports, to meet both management and statutory reporting requirements.
What we seek to accomplish together:
- Execute policies, procedures and processes for accounting of fixed assets timely and accurately, including, open PO review, creation, transfers and disposals of fixed assets in SAP, determining fixed assets useful lives and depreciation rates and recognition of allowance for assets impairment loss
- Evaluate purchased items for capitalisation as fixed assets, this may require liaison with Project Managers/Requestors
- Prepare fixed assets management reports and schedules, including monitoring that Assets Under Construction and Fixed Assets Clearing Account to ensure assets are capitalised on a timely basis
- Play a key role in driving fixed assets verification exercise and follow up on discrepancies and variances
- Assist Finance Manager(s) to implement changes to financial accounting/governance processes for assets, including automation
- Generate tag numbers for fixed assets
- Prepare and perform monthly financial analysis on financial statements and provide explanations on variances
- Prepare and perform journal entries in SAP, prepare/review balance sheet schedules and highlight long outstanding balances and other irregularities to process owners for resolutions
- Review corporate income tax and ensure compliance issues are highlighted and addressed
- Provide support to ensure external and internal auditors’ queries and concerns are satisfactorily addressed
**This is a 1-year direct contract role subjected to renewal or conversion.
A little about you:
- Min. 2 years of fixed assets accounting or relevant experience
- Meticulous and possess good communication and interpersonal skills
- Positive working attitude and ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle high volume transactions
- Able to multi-task, work independently and meet tight timelines
- Hands-on experience with SAP system is preferred
- Proficient in MS-Excel
All profiles are handled with highest level of confidentiality.
Headquartered in Singapore, Singtel has 140 years of operating experience and played a pivotal role in the country’s development as a major communications hub. Optus, our subsidiary in Australia, is a leader in integrated telecommunications, constantly raising the bar in innovative products and services.
We are also strategically invested in leading companies in Asia and Africa, including Bharti Airtel (India, South Asia and Africa), Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines) and Advanced Info Service (Thailand). We work closely with our associates, leveraging our scale in networks, customer reach and extensive operational experience to lead and shape the communications industry.
Together, the Group serves over 700 million mobile customers around world. Singtel is one of the largest listed Singapore companies on the Singapore Exchange by market capitalisation.
The Group has a vast network of offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the USA, and employs more than 23,000 staff worldwide.