: 06/Sep/2022, 7:02:01 AM
The role is responsible for:
1. Responsible for second line oversight for SC Ventures (“SCV”) which includes review, challenge and advice of risk management actions of the Business.
2. Responsible for second line oversight, review, challenge and advice on SCV investment related activities
3. The delegated Subject-Matter-Expert for the following Risk Types for SC Ventures:
- Principal Risk Types: Credit, Traded, Treasury, Operational and Technology, Reputational and Sustainability, and Model (to be declared based on incumbent’s expertise)
- Integrated Risk Types: Climate, Third Party, and Digital Assets (to be declared based on incumbent’s expertise)
Provide strategic risk advice for delegated Risk Types across SC Ventures and provide direct guidance to the investment related activities on alignment to framework and policy requirements. Direct the First line on Risk Management requirements for delegated Risk Types.
- Lead strategic risk assessments on the competitor landscape for delegated Principal Risk Types.
- Propose the Risk Appetite for SC Ventures (and underlying Venture entities) for delegated Risk Types..
- Input into the risk, performance management and remuneration processes for relevant staff to encourage the development of an appropriate risk culture and discipline.
- Lead the strategic intent and collective agenda for SCV Risk for the investment related activities for delegated Risk Types.
- Provide Group and external information, guidance, best practice and expertise to inform the approach for SCV Risk management for delegated Risk Types
- Review, challenge and advise on the alignment of SCV’s business strategy to the relevant risk frameworks and parameters.
- Manage all processes which are owned by the SCV Risk (as delegated) including the effectiveness of the risk control environment.
- Continuously improve the operational efficiency and effectiveness of processes (as delegate) run by SCV Risk.
- Enforce effective management of risks and compliance with applicable internal policies, and external laws and regulations for SCV for delegated Risk Types.
- Regularly review audit reports / business risk reviews / and identify key trends and own uplift / remediate within SCV for delegated Risk Types.
People & Talent
- Reinforce a culture of continuous learning and development within the SCV Risk.
- Support an open environment to stimulate creativity and develop innovative solution to supports Group’s aspiration.
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values.
- Maintain an appropriate tone in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Review ongoing training and development requirements for SC Ventures for Financial Risk Types and deliver training to support roles as required.
- Develop and maintain the policies and standards for delegated Risk Types which sets out SCV’s and individual Venture’s approach to risk management and the control framework within which risks are managed.
- Identify material risks (aligned to delegated Risk Types) that SCV / Ventures may be potentially exposed to and direct relevant activities to manage and control these risks within Risk Appetite for delegated Risk Types.
- Validate that First Line and Second Line understand and accept their risk management responsibilities for delegated Risk Types.
- Deliver requirements to support an effectiveness review process for delegated Risk Type Policies and Standards to confirm robust second line oversight and challenge and direct remediation actions for any deficiencies found.
- Deliver second line oversight, review, challenge and advice on delegated Risk Types.
- Own and maintain SCV’s (and Ventures’) Risk Appetite for delegated Risk Types.
- Propose Risk Appetite for delegated Risk types for consideration and approval by the SCV Risk Committee.
- Monitor compliance to the SCV Risk Committee approved Risk Appetite for delegated Risk types.
- Support second line oversight, review, challenge and advice on Risk Appetite for delegated Risk Types.
- Oversight, review, challenge and advise on SCV investment related activities including proposed target investments and funds for delegated Risk Types.
- Maintain a good understanding of the risk governance requirements of key external and internal stakeholders for delegated Risk Types and ensure that these are well understood internally and reflected in internal procedures.
- Maintain an open and cooperative relationship in dealings with regulators.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Actively support SCV Risk to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles
: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Embed Here for good and Group’s brand and values in the SCV Risk and the DA Risk Management teams;
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures;
- Members of the SCV Admin Team
- SCV and Venture Risk Framework Owners and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs)
- Members of the Group and Enterprise Risk Management Teams
- Group Risk Framework Owners
- Head, Internal Audit SCV
- Home and host regulators including Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
- The Group’s external auditors
10 + years of experience in risk management with specialisation in enterprise risk, operational risk, financial risks and digital assets risk management.
ROLE SPECIFIC TECHNICAL Skills and Competencies and Proficiency Levels
Technical Competency Name:
|Tagged as: Risk
About Standard Chartered
We offer banking services that help people and companies to succeed, creating wealth and growth across our markets. Our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise – Here for good.
With more than 86,000 employees and a presence in 60 markets, our network serves customers in close to 150 markets worldwide. We're listed on the London and Hong Kong Stock Exchanges as well as the Bombay and National Stock Exchanges in India.