: 21/Nov/2023, 7:46:28 AM
: 22/Dec/2023, 3:59:00 AM
About the role
Reporting to the member & Chief Compliance Officer, SCV, this role is a senior member of the Conduct, Compliance and Financial Crime (CFCC) team, looking after the global compliance activities and advisory across all SCV’s activities, including intrapreneurship, venture incubation and importantly for this role, investments. The role has a wide span of control and variety of activities from supporting culture and conduct to in-depth technical advice across the SCV footprint for corporate actions, activities and operations.
The role offers an excellent stretch opportunity for an exception candidate who enjoys working in a small high-performing team with high levels of autonomy and responsibility, problem-solving and lateral thinking for activities outside of traditional banking. The role requires excellent technical competence in compliance and FCC matters and the ability to communicate, influence and challenge a wide range of stakeholders internally and externally.
· Focus on driving CFCC considerations across all activities within SCV covering a wide range of areas/topics including (but not limited to): retail banking, corporate banking, strategic investment, data strategy and digital assets. This role has specific BAU responsibilities for investment-related governance, CFCC activities and advisory in SCV.
· Responsible for supporting the awareness and adoption of an appropriate governance model appropriate across all SCV activities, taking into account senior management responsibilities, entity structuring and expansion planning.
· Responsible, with the CFCC team, for leading and driving the strategic adoption of data management framework fit-for ventures including Committee and Working Group memberships, across key CFCC considerations including (but not limited to): use of AI/ML, data quality, data privacy and records management
· Responsible, with the CFCC team, to support strategic venture building by adopting appropriate approaches for each venture, considering the business strategy, geographic coverage, regulatory context and the CFCC risk profile.
· Responsible, together with SCV CCO, for the development of CFCC advisory talent to build a sustainable talent pipeline for the CFCC function.
· Responsible with the CFCC team, for on-going engagement of SCV and Group CFCC to ensure SCV deploy an appropriate CFCC governance model, framework, the ongoing oversight and ongoing CFCC risk assessments at all-times.
Risk Management and Governance
· Responsible for collaboration and deployment of the appropriate governance model to properly manage CFCC risk covering key aspects including (but not limited to): shareholder representation, board membership, delegation of authority, senior manager responsibilities etc.
· Responsible to collaborate and deploy the entity structuring and expansion planning of SCV including setting up of new legal structure(s), regulatory engagement, local CFCC engagement etc.
· Responsible to collaborate and deploy the appropriate framework to manage party risks posed by unconventional third parties relationships including (but not limited to) business partnerships, joint ventures and alliances
· Responsible for collaboration and deployment of appropriate governance model for Artificial Intelligence and Machine learning for SCV across the platform and business venture-levels.
· Identify and assess sources of CFCC risks and ensure that systems and controls are appropriate to mitigate and manage risks within acceptable risk tolerance levels. Report on material CFCC risks.
· Challenge and maintain the right balance between risk prudence and pace of innovation set by the new competitor landscape.
· Collaborate on preparation and cascade audit plans and findings, CFCC assurance activities and investigations to relevant stakeholders.
· Provide timely escalation and relevant oversight information to the SCV CCO on key CFCC risks and control issues
· Responsible to collaborate and drive a methodology tailored to the geographic and regulatory context to help ventures shape their business/CFCC journey, the venture classification both internally and externally and determine the right-sized CFCC risk management framework befitting of the CFCC risk profile of the Venture. Such framework will cover CFCC risk identification, assessment, monitoring, training and product / business advice.
· Drive and implement the vision, strategy and direction set by the SCV CCO by driving the implementation of the agreed decision-making process for new ventures
· Responsible to make recommendation for approval by the SCV Committee, appropriate policies and standards, together with clear operationalisation of the agreed processes for the Ventures to address CFCC risks, aligning them with relevant regulatory requirements and Group expectations.
· Provide governance and oversight over the implementation of CFCC related policies and procedures in the Ventures to ensure compliance with such policies and procedures.
Tagged as: Ventures
About Standard Chartered
We offer banking services that help people and companies to succeed, creating wealth and growth across our markets. Our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise – Here for good.
With more than 86,000 employees and a presence in 60 markets, our network serves customers in close to 150 markets worldwide. We're listed on the London and Hong Kong Stock Exchanges as well as the Bombay and National Stock Exchanges in India.