: Financial Markets
: 01/Sep/2022, 2:59:25 PM
: 01/Oct/2022, 2:59:00 AM
- Work with FM Sales, Research, Capital markets, technology and syndications to identify the initiatives to grow Asia ex-China IG Credit Flow as well as broader Credit Flow, Credit Trading and Credit Markets franchise.
- Awareness and understanding of the business strategy of the Group and Global Credit and business model appropriate to the role.
- Maximise total product income by ensuring effective end to end client risk management / service.
- Be responsible for engagement with Sales and Syndicate to ensure our DCM offering is covered, in a compliant manner, to the extent possible while noting risk reward considerations.
- Work in conjunction with other partners to ensure SCB has a best-in-class offering for the broader EM credit asset class.
- Be responsible for P/L and risk of Asia ex-China IG portfolios.
- Achieving assigned full year objectives as per annual P3 document.
- To increase SCB’s visibility through commercial, competitive pricing of traded markets for our clients.
- Help manage the implementation of flow credit trading specific strategies and ensure that performance objectives and revenue goals are met and RWA targets managed.
- Help develop global relationships and use them to actively promote relative value trades in EM credit thus utilizing our strengths in different regions.
- Ensure adherence to all internal and external regulations.
- To embed Operational Risk monitoring as an integral part of the business process. Towards this, to effectively carry out the assigned role, if any, under Compliance Risk Management and Operational Risk Management Assurance.
- Ensure that the business meets its obligations the prevention of money laundering under the Group Policy and Standards and under local laws and regulations.
- Help ensure that there are appropriate and documented internal controls and procedures in place. Help monitor the operation of such procedures and controls and regularly review them to ensure that they reflect any changes in products, systems, policy and regulations.
- Accountable for helping establish and maintain frameworks to ensure Credit Flow Trading as well as broader Credit Flow Trading processes are efficient, appropriate and compliant with all internal and external regulations.
People and Talent
- Build a transparent and collaborative culture in which incentives are based on support of Client Income with specific performance metrics on the Bank’s values.
- To work in partnership with Credit Flow desks to ensure that the flow trading product is value additive for clients and the bank.
- Responsible for identifying, assessing, monitoring, controlling and mitigating risks to the Group. Also, an awareness and understanding of the main risks facing the Group and the role the individual plays in managing them.
- Embed operational risk management and reporting as an integral part of the business process.
- Ensure that adequate and appropriate systems and controls are in place to comply with Group and Business policies, procedures, standards and codes.
- Monitor all major risk issues and concentrations. Where appropriate, direct remedial action and / or ensure adequate reporting to Risk Committees.
- Promote an environment where compliance with internal control functions and the external regulatory framework is a central priority of the business.
- Comply with internal policies, procedures, codes and applicable external laws and regulations and adhere to the expected high standards set out in the FM Code of Conduct.
- Manage the implementation of Credit Flow specific strategies and ensure that performance objectives and long term economic profit (EP) goals are met.
Regulatory and Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Credit Flow Sales, e-Sales
- Credit Research, Syndication, Capital Markets
- Credit Solutions and other teams in Credit Trading
- Support and Control functions
- Modelling and Analytics Group
- 10 years of relevant experience in Asia Credit Flow Trading and their hedging tools.
- Must possess sharp business acumen (including ability to assess risk and appropriate levels of return), excellent interpersonal skills and multi-cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Substantial experience in the banking industry, including demonstrated success in a similar role.
- Ability to work with geographically dispersed and highly varied stakeholders.
- Investment Risk Economics and Finance
- Financial Mathematics
- Market Risk
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you’ll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies – everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
Recruitment assessments – some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you’ve applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers
About Standard Chartered
We offer banking services that help people and companies to succeed, creating wealth and growth across our markets. Our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise – Here for good.
With more than 86,000 employees and a presence in 60 markets, our network serves customers in close to 150 markets worldwide. We're listed on the London and Hong Kong Stock Exchanges as well as the Bombay and National Stock Exchanges in India.