Date: 24 Oct 2023
Be a part of something BIG!
This role will work with a team of motivated, articulate and knowledgeable IT professionals.
The primary task will be focusing on improving the stability and performance of the system, maintaining and improving the security posture of the systems, continuous monitoring of system health, and troubleshooting issues that arise.
He must be familiar with Linux operating systems and software, able to provide sound proofs-of-concepts, willing to perform cross-functional duties as necessary to aid the team and have a proven history of creating tools and automating routine IT/Business tasks.
He must also have experience in automation and configuration tool, such as Puppet, Ansible and Satellite.
Make an Impact by:
- Incident Management
- Primarily responsible for level 3 Technical Support, Systems Management, Administration and Project Support for Linux platform.
- Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation in support of our NOC, which includes being available to assist with issues when not on call.
- Assist and respond promptly to incident, investigate & provide temporary &/or permanent resolution of incidents escalated.
- Performance and Capacity Management
- Ensuring availability and performance of the Linux system that support the application system.
- Installation, configuration and upgrade of Linux systems management software.
- Proactively monitor the Linux systems to ensure secure services with minimum downtime.
- Perform capacity planning, ensure high resiliency and optimal performance involving the associated hardware resources allocated to the operating system.
- Maintain Linux security, managing access, privileges, role and database account that supports the application.
- Responsible for providing trend analysis to management team to enable them to make informed decisions regarding resource management.
- Change Management
- Ensure that change management process is properly followed.
- Plan and co-ordinate system changes. Present to CAB (change approval board) for changes that going into production for approval of change.
- Manage changes through change request process & provide status reports to the relevant parties. (Service Now)
- Operations and Support Management
- Install and maintain security patches on the operational and development system, which includes but is not limited to, Red Hat Linux, Suse Linux, Apache Tomcat.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Monitors systems through multiple monitoring tools to proactively address system issues before they have the potential to cause outages ranging from file system cleanup to replacement of various hardware such as power supplies, fans, boards, disks, DIMM’s and other hardware components on x86 systems.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request as necessary.
- Automate BAU tasks via shell scripting or tools, such as Ansible.
- Write technical documents to include process, technical engineering and configuration documents as needed.
- All other Linux administration responsibilities as assigned.
- Provisioning of servers and services
- Maintain our Linux infrastructure standard operating environment, including configurations and security management.
- Highly proficient in provisioning of Linux VMs or Unix LPARs, LDOMs, OS installation, configuration and fine tuning.
- Project manage operation projects related to Linux/Unix.
- Vendor management
- Work together with Infrastructure Manage Service vendor for RCA/PCA and adhere to Service Level Agreements.
Skills for Success:
- Degree in IT, Computer or Engineering
- Possess a minimum of 8 years in-depth Linux (Redhat and Oracle Linux) administration experience in an enterprise level environment.
- Strong Knowledge with experience in RedHat Clustering.
- Strong Knowledge with experience in scripting such as Shell, Bash, Perl, Ruby and etc
- Good knowledge of ITIL service management methodology.
- Good knowledge of System management tools and practices such as Puppet, SCOM, HP Management Suite and Linux Patching (Red Hat Satellite).
- Good knowledge of Network communication protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL/TLS, RPC, SSH, etc.) including the ability to analyse the network issues.
- Good knowledge of SAN Storage and Replication technologies, disaster recovery and clustering technologies
- Good knowledge on NFS automount administration
- Good knowledge in Infrastructure Automation (Chef, Puppet, Ansible) will be a big plus
Rewards that Go Beyond:
- Full suite of health and wellness benefits
- Ongoing training and development programs
- Internal mobility opportunities
Your Career Growth Starts Here. Apply Now!
We are committed to a safe and healthy environment for our employees & customers and will require all prospective employees to be fully vaccinated.
Headquartered in Singapore, Singtel has 140 years of operating experience and played a pivotal role in the country’s development as a major communications hub. Optus, our subsidiary in Australia, is a leader in integrated telecommunications, constantly raising the bar in innovative products and services.
We are also strategically invested in leading companies in Asia and Africa, including Bharti Airtel (India, South Asia and Africa), Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines) and Advanced Info Service (Thailand). We work closely with our associates, leveraging our scale in networks, customer reach and extensive operational experience to lead and shape the communications industry.
Together, the Group serves over 700 million mobile customers around world. Singtel is one of the largest listed Singapore companies on the Singapore Exchange by market capitalisation.
The Group has a vast network of offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the USA, and employs more than 23,000 staff worldwide.