Engineer, Digital & Software Engineering
At Singtel, we believe in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers. We strive to ensure all our people practices are non-discriminatory and provide a fair, performance-based work culture that is diverse, inclusive and collaborative.
Join us and experience what it’s like to be with an Employer of Choice*. Together, let’s create a brighter digital future for all. *Awarded at the HR Fest Awards 2020.
Singtel Networks, the most established telecommunications infrastructure provider in Singapore is transforming to enable the digital generation of tomorrow. We are introducing new capabilities in 5G, Cloud, Analytics, Digital Commerce, Software Engineering, Cyber Security to enhance our core competencies and deliver innovative and differentiated Mobile and Fixed services (Broadband, TV and Telephony) for our customers. We are committed to celebrating inclusion and diversity and is a strong believer to upskill and nurture all individuals. Come join us today as we build Singtel’s Networks of tomorrow, and Empower Every Generation to live, work and play in new ways!
Key Responsibilities include:
• Design, develop and maintain software solutions that meet both functional and technical requirements including security requirements
• Gather functional requirements and developing technical specifications & project/test planning as well as participate in project meetings and discussion
• Continuously evaluate industry trends for opportunities to utilize new technologies and methodologies, and implement these into the solution stack as appropriate.
• Familiar with Java, Microservice, Devops, Agile methodologies
Softskills / Personal attributes:
• Possess growth mindset, willing to take ownership.
• Hands-on with ability to multi-task in a fast moving and rapidly changing environment.
• Able to collaborate in a team to maximise teamwork and be empowered to work independently.
• Willing to take ownership of assigned responsibilities and tasks.
• Possess growth mindset and take initiatives to learn and grow.
-We are committed to a safe and healthy environment for our employees & customers and will require all prospective employees to be fully vaccinated.
Headquartered in Singapore, Singtel has 140 years of operating experience and played a pivotal role in the country’s development as a major communications hub. Optus, our subsidiary in Australia, is a leader in integrated telecommunications, constantly raising the bar in innovative products and services.
We are also strategically invested in leading companies in Asia and Africa, including Bharti Airtel (India, South Asia and Africa), Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines) and Advanced Info Service (Thailand). We work closely with our associates, leveraging our scale in networks, customer reach and extensive operational experience to lead and shape the communications industry.
Together, the Group serves over 700 million mobile customers around world. Singtel is one of the largest listed Singapore companies on the Singapore Exchange by market capitalisation.
The Group has a vast network of offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the USA, and employs more than 23,000 staff worldwide.