Engineer, Cloud Delivery & Ops
Date: 24 Sep 2023
Job Title: Cloud Networking and Security Operations Engineer
Job Level: PF1-2
Group BU/BU/Div: Consumer SG /Networks / Mobile Network Engineering / Networks Cloud Engineering
The role of the Cloud Networking and Security Operations Engineer is to deliver Networking projects (build, expand, enhance) on the Networks Cloud and follow through with the operations and maintenance of the Routers, Switches and Security appliances to ensure that it meets the service level targets.
• Involve in technical planning, implementation and delivery for Networking and Security projects
• Develop and review test cases for the service
• Perform system and service testing to roll-out new related products and services.
• Responsible for supporting the daily operation of Routers, switches and Firewall Appliances.
• System and Platform Patch loading, implementation of software and hardware upgrades
• Perform and coordinate disaster recovery activity expeditiously in times of service disruptions so as to minimize service downtime and revenue loss.
• Develop playbook and scripts to automate processes to improve operational efficiency
• May need to work outside normal working hours to carry out upgrades and patch loading as such activities may disrupt services.
Qualifications & Experience
A good engineering or computing degree
To have good working knowledge of networking technologies(such as BGP routing) and Network security.
At least 2 years of working experience with IP network routers, switches and Security appliances like Firewalls.
Basic knowledge on Linux Operating System
Basic knowledge on IP networking fundamentals
Basic knowledge in Network Security fundamentals. •
Writing Shell Scripts
Certification related to Network Security.
Project Management Professional
Certification in CCNA and/or CCNP.
Headquartered in Singapore, Singtel has 140 years of operating experience and played a pivotal role in the country’s development as a major communications hub. Optus, our subsidiary in Australia, is a leader in integrated telecommunications, constantly raising the bar in innovative products and services.
We are also strategically invested in leading companies in Asia and Africa, including Bharti Airtel (India, South Asia and Africa), Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines) and Advanced Info Service (Thailand). We work closely with our associates, leveraging our scale in networks, customer reach and extensive operational experience to lead and shape the communications industry.
Together, the Group serves over 700 million mobile customers around world. Singtel is one of the largest listed Singapore companies on the Singapore Exchange by market capitalisation.
The Group has a vast network of offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the USA, and employs more than 23,000 staff worldwide.