Director, Financial Operations & System
At Singtel, we believe in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers. We strive to ensure all our people practices are non-discriminatory and provide a fair, performance-based work culture that is diverse, inclusive and collaborative.
Join us and experience what it’s like to be with an Employer of Choice*. Together, let’s create a brighter digital future for all. *Awarded at the HR Fest Awards 2020.
The Finance Operations and Systems Director leads the Financial Accounting Operations team to ensure that month end is completed in an efficient and timely manner and statutory and management accounts with a high level of integrity are finalised in accordance with month end timetables
- Ensure all month end transactions have been completed including billings, payroll, invoicing, and relevant accruals
- Lead and manage the month end review and close process with Business Unit CFOs and Finance Directors, ensuring all variances are understood and explained, and all amounts are correctly posted in line with business expectations and accounting standards
- Preparation of financial and statutory reports for Singtel and its subsidiaries, including analysis of financial results for assigned areas.
Drive Continuous Improvement of systems and processes critical for the operation of Financial Accounting team, including month end and reconciliation processes and systems
- Develop and Maintain Financial Accounting Team Continuous Improvement Roadmap (including business cases where appropriate). Examples include:
- Process Review and standardization
- Centralisation synergies
- RPA and other tools
- Project manage and deliver on Continuous Improvement initiatives, ensuring business benefits are realized – on time, on budget
Oversee relevant internal controls (including governance framework for the Finance BPO), ensuring that they are in place and relevant to the objectives and strategies of Singtel and where necessary implementing process improvements
- An internal control environment that mitigates material financial risks
- Integrity of monthly management accounts
- No material risks identified by either internal or external audit reviews
The efficient operation of Shared Commercial Operations, including Electronics Payment Wallet Operations, Sales & Distribution business (including retail shops) and Fixed Assets / Inventory Accounting and Operations
All day-to-day accounting operations including purchasing, purchase order management, bank reconciliation, inventory management, asset creation and stock management.
- Degree qualified in a business/commercial, discipline
- 12+ Years’ Experience in financial operations management and commercial management ideally in a large corporate organization
- Proven deep understanding and experience across diverse areas of commercial management accountability, ranging from management of day-to-day operational accounting issues, to strategy formulation and executive decision support, and allocation of a limited resource pool to deliver on complicated and conflicting priorities within time constraints.
- Proven experience in leading and coaching a team of senior specialist finance leaders who have expertise in their various and diverse technical areas.
- Proven change management, customer relationship, influence and negotiation skills are also essential.
- Ability to work in an environment with constant change and diverse challenges in a competitive market, whilst playing a major role in the development of the growth strategy within the consumer business
- Must have an in-depth understanding of the following:
- Operational impacts of implementing recommended strategies
- Customer needs for consumer and understand existing technological capabilities to help formulate compelling solutions
- The competitive environment
We are committed to a safe and healthy environment for our employees & customers and will require all prospective employees to be fully vaccinated.
Headquartered in Singapore, Singtel has 140 years of operating experience and played a pivotal role in the country’s development as a major communications hub. Optus, our subsidiary in Australia, is a leader in integrated telecommunications, constantly raising the bar in innovative products and services.
We are also strategically invested in leading companies in Asia and Africa, including Bharti Airtel (India, South Asia and Africa), Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines) and Advanced Info Service (Thailand). We work closely with our associates, leveraging our scale in networks, customer reach and extensive operational experience to lead and shape the communications industry.
Together, the Group serves over 700 million mobile customers around world. Singtel is one of the largest listed Singapore companies on the Singapore Exchange by market capitalisation.
The Group has a vast network of offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the USA, and employs more than 23,000 staff worldwide.