DevOps Delivery Manager
Date: 23 Aug 2023
At Singtel, our mission is to Empower Every Generation. We are dedicated to fostering an equitable and forward-thinking work environment where our employees experience a strong sense of Belonging, to make meaningful Impact and Grow both personally and professionally. By joining Singtel, you will be part of a caring, inclusive and diverse workforce that creates positive impact and a sustainable future for all.
Be a Part of Something BIG!
We are looking for a DevOps Manager who will be supporting the implementation of digitalisation strategy for Group Technology and Networks which aims to loosen the IT architecture, increase organisational agility, and enable an API driven digital ecosystem
Make an Impact by:
- Manage and lead an agile application “build and run” team/squad to deliver the network software projects such as Network Service Bus and Service Orchestration, using Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) and Agile scrum practices.
- Work closely with the business to gather requirements and translate it into epic and user stories for the squad to deliver and implement.
- In charge of project planning and management activities such as procurement for the squad as well as acting as the Product Owner to prioritizes the backlog for the squad to work on.
- Work closely with the internal platform engineering team to deliver the operating environment for container based microservices that meet the agreed high availability, performance, and security requirements.
- Work closely with other internal teams within the organization to ensure that solutions are designed with customer user experience, scale/performance, security, and operability in mind.
- Ensure that the software releases are align and following the organization’s internal software release and deployment process for the various projects.
- Facilitate and support the troubleshooting or root cause analysis of platform issues or incidents with own teams and other internal teams.
- Proactively identify opportunities for automation, process improvement and solution/architecture simplification for the services/products.
- Research and suggest the latest, most relevant technologies and trend for continuous improvement of the platforms/services/products.
Skills for Success:
- A Computer Science or Engineering diploma/degree holder.
- Experience in leading and managing Agile projects as a Product Owner (such as SCRUM/KANBAN) and the usage of related tools such as JIRA.
- Experience in project planning and management activities including financial and procurement.
- Able to procure business requirements analysis and translating to team for implementation and delivery.
- Experience in service management of projects or products in production environment.
- Good understanding of cloud computing/container deployment and management such as AWS/Azure/OpenStack/Kubernetes(K8s) etc.
- Good understanding of open-source software development and related automation tools (e.g., Ansible, Terraform, Nexus, Jenkins, SoapUI, SonarQube)
Rewards that Go Beyond:
- Hybrid work arrangements
- Full suite of health and wellness benefits
- Ongoing training and development programs
- Internal mobility opportunities
Your Career Growth Starts Here. Apply Now!
We are committed to a safe and healthy environment for our employees & customers and will require all prospective employees to be fully vaccinated.
Headquartered in Singapore, Singtel has 140 years of operating experience and played a pivotal role in the country’s development as a major communications hub. Optus, our subsidiary in Australia, is a leader in integrated telecommunications, constantly raising the bar in innovative products and services.
We are also strategically invested in leading companies in Asia and Africa, including Bharti Airtel (India, South Asia and Africa), Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines) and Advanced Info Service (Thailand). We work closely with our associates, leveraging our scale in networks, customer reach and extensive operational experience to lead and shape the communications industry.
Together, the Group serves over 700 million mobile customers around world. Singtel is one of the largest listed Singapore companies on the Singapore Exchange by market capitalisation.
The Group has a vast network of offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the USA, and employs more than 23,000 staff worldwide.