Desktop Support Engineer
Date: 25 Nov 2023
Are you looking for value adding and impactful work?
Do you want to make a difference with your expertise?
With us, you’ll be able to make it happen.
NCS is a leading technology services firm, operating across Asia Pacific in over 20 countries, providing services and solutions in consulting, digital services, technology, and more.
We believe in utilizing the power of technology to make extraordinary things happen and to create lasting impact and value for our people, communities, and partners. Our diverse 12,000-strong workforce has delivered a wealth of large-scale, mission-critical, and multi-platform projects for governments and enterprises in Singapore and the APAC region.
What we do
We drive our passion for harnessing technology.
We bring people and technology together.
We advance communities and transform industries.
We’re searching for a IT Desktop Support to be part of our diverse team of talent here at NCS!
If you believe in going above and beyond, want to exemplify the best, and wish to bring people and technology together like never before, then we would love to have a conversation with you!
What we seek to accomplish together:
This position provides the desktop support for the first contact point for customers, you will be responsible to provide prompt assistance to customers, addressing a range of IT topics and issues. Besides, you will ensure that software, licenses and operations comply with standards.
- Perform Desktop Support services to users
- This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting and actively resolving end user help requests and escalating incidents when necessary to maintain customer satisfaction and SLA expectations.
- Perform imaging/re-imaging
- Perform asset inventories
- Perform technical escalation to 3rd party vendor or resolver groups (where appropriate)
- Updates Incident records
- Creates and updates work instructions (where necessary)
- Document standards and procedures (where necessary)
A little about you:
- Min. ITE/Diploma graduate with 1 year experience in desktop support
- Min 1 year experience in Microsoft Windows 10 and Microsoft Office 365
- Clear Spoken & Written English.
- Possess at least one (1) of the following certifications or their equivalent:
- CompTIA A+;
- CompTIA Security+;
- CompTIA Network+;
- Microsoft Certified: Windows Client; and
- Microsoft Certified: Managing Modern Desktops.
- Previous IT helpdesk and/or call centre support experience, including providing remote support via the telephone or using remote tool will be added advantages
- Demonstrate knowledge in the support of workstations, and related components
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good coordination skills
- Ability to prioritize effectively and work with a sense of urgency
- Effectively communicates with teammates and managers
About NCS Group
We want to create the extraordinary, and to impact millions of people everyday.
We believe in building a talent-led delivery model to enable our best people to lead, and to support them with the right structure, processes, and tools to ensure that our clients are delivered top quality services.
We want to invest in you!
Great work is never done alone, and that’s why we also believe in creating a collaborative work environment to bring people with different expertise and talent together.
We create opportunities for our people to grow in our organization with well-defined career tracks and specializations to ensure that our people and talent can continuously deliver new value for our clients.
We’re here to make the extraordinary happen.
Learn more at ncs.co and our LinkedIn Career site.
All profiles are handled with highest level of confidentiality.
Headquartered in Singapore, Singtel has 140 years of operating experience and played a pivotal role in the country’s development as a major communications hub. Optus, our subsidiary in Australia, is a leader in integrated telecommunications, constantly raising the bar in innovative products and services.
We are also strategically invested in leading companies in Asia and Africa, including Bharti Airtel (India, South Asia and Africa), Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines) and Advanced Info Service (Thailand). We work closely with our associates, leveraging our scale in networks, customer reach and extensive operational experience to lead and shape the communications industry.
Together, the Group serves over 700 million mobile customers around world. Singtel is one of the largest listed Singapore companies on the Singapore Exchange by market capitalisation.
The Group has a vast network of offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the USA, and employs more than 23,000 staff worldwide.