Desktop / Service Desk Engineers
Date: 6 Jan 2024
Are you looking for value adding and impactful work?
Do you want to make a difference with your expertise?
With us, you’ll be able to make it happen.
NCS is a leading technology services firm, operating across Asia Pacific in over 20 countries, providing services and solutions in consulting, digital services, technology, and more.
We believe in utilizing the power of technology to make extraordinary things happen and to create lasting impact and value for our people, communities, and partners. Our diverse 12,000-strong workforce has delivered a wealth of large-scale, mission-critical, and multi-platform projects for governments and enterprises in Singapore and the APAC region.
What we do
We drive our passion for harnessing technology.
We bring people and technology together.
We advance communities and transform industries.
We’re searching for a Desktop / Service Desk Engineers to be part of our diverse team of talent here at NCS!
If you believe in going above and beyond, want to exemplify the best, and wish to bring people and technology together like never before, then we would love to have a conversation with you!
What we seek to accomplish together:
This position provides the desktop support for the first contact point for customers, you will be responsible to provide prompt assistance to customers, addressing a range of IT topics and issues. Besides, you will ensure that software, licenses and operations comply with standards.
- Perform End User Support – Client Management
- Perform troubleshooting for client platform related problems.
- Respond promptly to incident, investigate & provide temporary &/or permanent resolution of incidents escalated. Provide timely status updates to relevant parties.
- Perform service request related to client platforms.
- Monitor the agreed service level, document & maintain the configuration of the systems; provide regular reporting to relevant parties.
- Involve in client platform implementation/upgrade project.
- Perform follow-up with vendor on replacement of hardware.
- Perform asset management & update asset records.
- Perform user account management (eg. Create password, reset & delete)
- Perform local server administration to facilitate software distribution & patch management service.
- Manage client platform implementation / upgrade project.
- Ensure deliverables meet service level requirement. Propose and implement action plan when required.
- Established facility management standards/best practices to ensure operation consistency across project / facility management teams.
- Submit progress reports
Ideal candidate should possess the following:
- Candidate with minimum Higher Nitec, Diploma Certification in Computer/Electronic Engineering or equivalent discipline
- Preferably with 1 or more years related experience in Technology Administration. Some network knowledge will be an advantage
- Computer literacy in MS Office
- Proficiency in Technology will be added advantage
- Independent, resourceful, result-oriented individuals with a “can-do” attitude
About NCS Group
We want to create the extraordinary, and to impact millions of people everyday.
We believe in building a talent-led delivery model to enable our best people to lead, and to support them with the right structure, processes, and tools to ensure that our clients are delivered top quality services.
We want to invest in you!
Great work is never done alone, and that’s why we also believe in creating a collaborative work environment to bring people with different expertise and talent together.
We create opportunities for our people to grow in our organization with well-defined career tracks and specializations to ensure that our people and talent can continuously deliver new value for our clients.
We’re here to make the extraordinary happen.
Learn more at ncs.co and our LinkedIn Career site.
All profiles are handled with highest level of confidentiality.
Headquartered in Singapore, Singtel has 140 years of operating experience and played a pivotal role in the country’s development as a major communications hub. Optus, our subsidiary in Australia, is a leader in integrated telecommunications, constantly raising the bar in innovative products and services.
We are also strategically invested in leading companies in Asia and Africa, including Bharti Airtel (India, South Asia and Africa), Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines) and Advanced Info Service (Thailand). We work closely with our associates, leveraging our scale in networks, customer reach and extensive operational experience to lead and shape the communications industry.
Together, the Group serves over 700 million mobile customers around world. Singtel is one of the largest listed Singapore companies on the Singapore Exchange by market capitalisation.
The Group has a vast network of offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the USA, and employs more than 23,000 staff worldwide.