The Infrastructure Operations (Data Center) Team is the backbone of AWS, supporting the rapidly growing AWS business and customers 24/7. We are committed to maintain the physical infrastructure of AWS, ensuring the standards for operational performance in the areas of safety, security, availability, productivity, capacity, efficiency, and cost.
Are you a critical services engineer, wanting to work in the data centers for one of the world’s largest and fastest growing cloud providers?
Do you enjoy solving problems and delivering value-adding results?
Are you looking to expand your horizon in a dynamic work environment with boundless opportunities for career advancement? If you answered yes to any of these questions then Amazon Web Services Data Center is the place to be!
In this role, you will be responsible for the Operation and Maintenance of state of the art critical infrastructure facilities. Based in Singapore you will be supporting design, implementation, commissioning of data center facilities primarily involving root cause analysis, change management, procedures creation and vendor management.
In day today scale, you will be involved in
· Assist in troubleshooting of facility and rack-level events within internal Service Level Agreements (SLA).
· Perform rack installs, rack decommissioning, and facility management.
· Provide operational readings and key performance indicators to make sure uptime is maintained
· Responsible for the on-site management of contractors, sub-contractors and vendors, ensuring that all work performed is in accordance with established practices, procedures & local legislation.
· Performance and oversight of maintenance and operations on all electrical, mechanical, and fire/life safety equipment within the data center.
About the team
At Amazon, our mission is to be the most customer-centric company in the world, you will be committed to the delivery of exceptional customer service and satisfaction.
You would be working together with a world-class technical team, collaborating with some of the most talented and brightest engineers in the Data Center industry. Not only would you be working with the most experienced, you would be developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies in the world.
If you’re up for the challenge, we’d love to hear from you!
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
– Technical College Degree or Qualified Technical Diploma.
– Experience in mission critical environment with 5+ years of relevant work experience.
– Proficient in technical verbal and written communication skills.
– Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
– Able to prioritize in complex, fast-paced environment
– Experience in management of vendors/contractors performing construction, maintenance and upgrading works in large-scale critical environment.
– An excellent understanding of the electrical and mechanical systems used in a data center environment, including but not limited to DRUPS, Transformers, Generators, Switchgear, UPS systems, ATS/STS units, PDUs, Chillers, AHUs and CRAC units.
– Data Center or facility experience is a plus advantage
About Amazon Asia-Pacific Resources Private Limited
Amazon.com, a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, Washington, opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995 and today offers Earth’s Biggest Selection. Since Jeff Bezos started Amazon.com, we have significantly expanded our product offerings, international sites, and worldwide network of fulfilment and customer service centres. Today, Amazon.com offers everything from books and electronics to tennis rackets and diamond jewellery.
If you thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment, you’ll meet your match with us, as you will be part of a vibe of constant improvement, where the things you do at one moment, you will not necessarily be doing 6 months later. We don’t like to sit still, which is why we always treat every day like the first day. A day to make more good things happen for our customers. It’s that kind of spirit that drives our success now and keeps us ahead of the competition in the future. And you could be part of it. It’s as simple as this: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History."_x000D_
Private Limited (Singapore)