Are you a tenured senior or principal technology architect that has led and implemented large, complex, Telco Network, Business Support System (BSS) , or Operational Support System (OSS) transformations? Do you have experience in designing and implementing 5G mobile transformation solutions across mobile and fixed networks and systems? Have you developed architectures and strategies for modernising Telco systems to become Cloud Native? Have you helped Tier 1 Communication Service Providers automate the deployment and life cycle management of products, services, and network functions on the Cloud? Are you able to engage in executive conversations on how telecom operators can achieve greater agility, efficiency, and sustained competitive advantage by migrating and modernising using the Cloud?
AWS ASEAN Professional Services is looking for a Customer Delivery Architect (CDA) with specialisation in the Telco industry. The CDA will help our Telco customers and partners develop their 5G and Cloud transformation strategy, with a focus on both business and technical outcomes.
They will work with the Professional Services sales team to accelerate and close the largest or most complex opportunities through the creation of solution proposals which meet or exceed the customer’s expectations. The Telco CDA assumes a lead technical role in Professional Services engagements, providing subject-matter expertise across both sales and solution delivery.
This is not a pure consultant role, nor is it a pure selling role. It is an individual with a unique hybrid of subject-matter expertise and hands-on building, coupled with Telco industry business acumen, including a heavy dose of passion for continued knowledge acquisition and growth, obsession for customers, and their success using AWS that will align well with the desired outcomes to be produced.
Key job responsibilities
- Lead technical pre-sales engagements with ProServe customers and partners to develop delivery project proposals
- Lead ProServe technical delivery projects to provide subject-matter expertise and alignment with the customer’s technical and business objectives
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge, sales and delivery content amongst the AWS Professional Services community
- Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers and proofs of concept
- In partnership with the ProServe leadership and account team, formulate and execute a strategy to accelerate customer outcomes through the adoption of AWS in conjunction with Professional Services engagements
- Lead deep architectural discussions and design exercises with Customers to create Well Architected solutions on AWS Cloud
- Design, build, optimise, transform or otherwise migrate Customer applications, software, and services on the AWS platform
- Educate customers on the value proposition of AWS and various Cloud strategies, value, and tools
- Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
About the team
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- 10+ years of experience in Telco IT systems and infrastructure architecture including 3G/4G/5G network and systems architecture, IP/MPLS network architecture, Telco applications, and OSS/Orchestration/BSS solutions
- 5+ years consulting or in-house technical leadership experience with a track record of working with stakeholders to identify and prioritise business and technical requirements in order to plan and execute IT transformations
- Hands-on experience designing and deploying Cloud Native solutions using Open Source and Public Cloud services
- Experience in technology sales, pre-sales, or technical consulting in customer-facing roles
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Practical experience with software development tools and methodologies, such as CI/CD and infrastructure, IT systems, and application automation using Infrastructure as Code
- Bachelor (with Honours) level technical degree required; Computer Science or related subjects preferred; Postgraduate degree in a related subject desirable
- Strong knowledge of international standards related to fixed and mobile network architectures, such as 3GPP, ETSI, and IETF
- Hands-on experience in the architecture, planning, and execution of complex, large-scale, Telco workload migration from on-premises datacentres to the public Cloud
- Hands-on experience in the architecture, deployment and operation of Telco virtual network functions (VNFs) on VM or micro-service platforms
- Hands-on experience designing, deploying, scaling, and operating complex Cloud Native solutions using Open Source and Public Cloud services
- Strong practical Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment.
About Amazon Web Services Singapore
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a secure cloud services platform, offering compute power, database storage, content delivery and other functionality to help businesses scale and grow.