Amazon’s Legal Department is looking for an experienced Contracts Manager to support our rapidly growing and evolving devices and digital media businesses, primarily in India. This experienced Contracts Manager will be responsible for drafting and reviewing commercial contracts, NDAs and internal policies. As part of this person’s responsibility for end-to-end contract management, he or she will work with attorneys to verify compliance with applicable laws, and contract terms, and assist in develop and conducting training of internal teams.
You must have excellent written and oral communication skills as this position involves direct contact with principal business owners. The successful candidate must be inquisitive, enthusiastic about technology, enjoy working hard and being continually challenged, demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations, and possess great attention to detail. You must also have a flexible attitude, great organizational skills, a sense of humor, and must be able to work independently in a constantly changing environment..
This position will be based in Singapore.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 5 years of experience in reviewing, drafting and negotiating a broad range of commercial contracts within a law firm or corporate legal department
- Law degree, especially license to practice law in India or other common law jurisdiction
- Understanding of intellectual property, competition and privacy issues
- Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines
- Common sense, great judgment, and a good sense of humor
- Strong analytical and computer skills
About Amazon Asia-Pacific Holdings
Amazon.com, a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, Washington, opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995 and today offers Earth’s Biggest Selection. Since Jeff Bezos started Amazon.com, we have significantly expanded our product offerings, international sites, and worldwide network of fulfilment and customer service centres. Today, Amazon.com offers everything from books and electronics to tennis rackets and diamond jewellery.
If you thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment, you’ll meet your match with us, as you will be part of a vibe of constant improvement, where the things you do at one moment, you will not necessarily be doing 6 months later. We don’t like to sit still, which is why we always treat every day like the first day. A day to make more good things happen for our customers. It’s that kind of spirit that drives our success now and keeps us ahead of the competition in the future. And you could be part of it. It’s as simple as this: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History."