Contract Manager, Legal (Based in Malaysia, KL)
Date: 8 Jan 2024
Be a Part of Something BIG!
This role is based in Malaysia and responsible for overseeing commercial contract drafting, negotiation and review of our contracts with domestic and global customers, suppliers and partners, as well as providing remote legal support to the sales and business teams of Singapore Telecommunications Limited based in Singapore.
Make an Impact by
- Draft, review, negotiate and advise on all aspects of sales, procurement, partnership, and other contracts with customers, suppliers and partners for Singtel’s business units, including such contracts relating to the bids and enterprise sales teams
- Pro-actively advise on legal and operational risk issues holistically as part of providing legal advice on the contracts. Recommend changes and best practices.
- Work closely with the various business lines, and relevant stakeholders to provide pragmatic, robust legal solutions consistent with the Singtel Group’s corporate policies.
- Ensure documentation is systematically maintained with adequate processes and policies in place, and that organizational memory is retained, within the corporate business group.
- Collaborate, report to and work under the supervision of the Legal team in Singtel Singapore.
Skills for Success
- Degree in Law, called to the bar in Malaysia, Singapore, Australia or the UK
- Minimum 4 PQE gained as an in house lawyer or with a reputable commercial law firm
- Proficiency in English (both written and spoken)
- At least some experience reviewing, negotiating and advising on commercial contracts (whether in house or in practice)
- Able to accept remote work arrangements (reporting manager and business units are based in Singapore but the role based is in KL)
- Willing to travel to Singapore from time to time
Rewards that Go Beyond
- Full suite of health and wellness benefits
- Ongoing training and development programs
- Internal mobility opportunities
Headquartered in Singapore, Singtel has 140 years of operating experience and played a pivotal role in the country’s development as a major communications hub. Optus, our subsidiary in Australia, is a leader in integrated telecommunications, constantly raising the bar in innovative products and services.
We are also strategically invested in leading companies in Asia and Africa, including Bharti Airtel (India, South Asia and Africa), Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines) and Advanced Info Service (Thailand). We work closely with our associates, leveraging our scale in networks, customer reach and extensive operational experience to lead and shape the communications industry.
Together, the Group serves over 700 million mobile customers around world. Singtel is one of the largest listed Singapore companies on the Singapore Exchange by market capitalisation.
The Group has a vast network of offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the USA, and employs more than 23,000 staff worldwide.