: Europe & Americas-United Kingdom-London
: 07/Sep/2022, 2:09:01 PM
- Daily monitoring of risk exposures.
- Perform market risk related control, including investigation of all limit excesses and escalating limit breaches.
- Contribution to regular (daily and monthly) risk summaries for senior management in MTCR.
- Help reviewing limit framework on semi-annual and ad hoc basis.
- Help designing new risk measures, reports and processes.
- UAT testing of new systems and reports.
- Liaising with front office on new trades approval, booking requirements, and limits.
- Participation in ad hoc projects and requests (eg as required by senior management, internal and external audit, other SC departments).
- To ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Review of data quality of risk factors used for VaR computation.
- Ensure effective management of operational risks within the Function and compliance with applicable internal policies, and external laws and regulations.
- Continuously improve the operational efficiency and effectiveness of Market Risk for Commodities Trading.
People and Talent
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values within the Function and across the wider organisation.
- Align the Group’s Market risk management approach for Commodities Trading to the Risk Management Framework and oversee its effective application.
- Develop and maintain risk identification, measurement and modelling capabilities for Commodities Trading that are objective, consistent and compliant with applicable regulations.
- Ensure that material risk exposures and related issues for Commodities Trading are reported to the responsible risk governance committees and to the Board Risk Committee.
- Maintain an open and cooperative relationship in dealings with regulators.
Regulatory and Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Global Head of Commodities Trading
- Heads of Macro Trading
- FM COO Office for Commodities
- Business and Product Heads
- Group Internal Audit
- Group Enterprise Risk
- Group Operational Risk
- Group Compliance
- Key local regulators in the region
- The Group’s external auditors
- Local governance bodies
Our Ideal Candidate
- University degree in Finance or some quantitative subject (Science, Engineering)
- Analytical approach.
- Good IT skills (eg Microsoft Office suite, VBA, past experience with Front Office systems and some database knowledge would also be useful).
- 7+ years of Risk management experience.
- Takes ownership of assigned tasks and can manage mini-projects to final delivery.
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Market Risk
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you’ll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies – everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
Recruitment assessments – some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you’ve applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers
About Standard Chartered
We offer banking services that help people and companies to succeed, creating wealth and growth across our markets. Our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise – Here for good.
With more than 86,000 employees and a presence in 60 markets, our network serves customers in close to 150 markets worldwide. We're listed on the London and Hong Kong Stock Exchanges as well as the Bombay and National Stock Exchanges in India.