Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Date: 19 Sep 2023
At Singtel, we’re working on projects that push the boundaries of digital, realising our vision and purpose to Empower Every Generation. We have a dynamic and diverse team, with a passion for innovation, and talent to deliver cutting-edge digital solutions and immersive customer experience.
In Group IT, we create great technology that can change the future, and we’re looking for people to be part of our digital and 5G journey. If you like to work in a dynamic, leading communications technology group to deliver innovations and excellence across the region, come join our digital, software engineering, data and cyber security teams!
Apply now, and ignite our digital future together.
The Senior Engineer, Cloud Infrastructure Services is responsible for the Design & Delivery of Compute, Storage, Virtualization architecture in the on premises Private Cloud. The successful candidate will help in the transformation of Singtel legacy infrastructure into a modern, automated, cloud centric infrastructure, with high operational efficiency and low downtime
The candidate will assist in the setup of new cloud infrastructure according to the TI Infrastructure Platforms Roadmap, and help in the efforts to migrate existing solutions to our new Data Centers. By working closely with his/her colleagues, the Cloud Infrastructure Specialist ensures that the Cloud solutions make the best use of the technology platforms to meet the business requirements. In addition to the non-functional requirements, the solutions are delivered at optimal cost using the appropriate technology platforms.
- Design, Implement and maintain the infrastructures covering on-premises Datacentres
- Design, Implement and maintain Virtualization infrastructure in covering on-premises datacentres, VMware or Azure stack solutions.
- Playing a major role in the selection of any new IT, infrastructure, or technology solution
- Producing an integrated solution covering all areas and in line with the TI strategy
- Work with Change Management to propose and implement changes, especially for Data Center migration
- Producing an infra diagram that identifies all infrastructure components including Network infrastructure, Security requirements and Compute/Storage requirement for the solution.
- Ensure solution proposed in compliance with security and best practices adopted by the industry
- Document and communicate Enterprise Infrastructure strategies and standards
- Ensure solution compliance and integration with enterprise architecture and Infosec policy for Infrastructure and Security systems by reviewing and advising on new and existing Information Technology projects
- Providing advice and guidance to management during planning phases to ensure that non-functional requirements are included in the overall specifications
- Providing advice and guidance to all areas of IT and Business Management, analysts, planners, designers and developers on all aspects of compute infrastructure
- To ensure that work meets all related engineering, planning, and operational standards
- Create and document the solution using the existing Infrastructure Standard Platforms and Design Patterns
- Act as a subject matter expert in matters pertaining to one of either the Compute or Storage towers in the organization
Education and Qualifications
Degree in computer science/ Information Technology, Industry certification, eg. CCNA, AWS, Azure, VMware (VCP/VCAP) or Microsoft qualifications. Azure
certification is highly desirable.
8-10 years of experience working and familiar with corporate infra design, security hygiene and best practices, compute/storage infrastructure design and experience in putting together infrastructure design covering the aspects above. Able to articulate well on proposed design to stakeholder.
Technical / Professional Skills
- Experience in Virtualisation (VMware, Hyper-V, Citrix), OS (RHEL, Windows), Compute/Storage (Dell EMC, IBM, UCS) and Hyper Converge (HCI) deployment.
- Experience in infrastructure-as-code (IAC) scripting on automation platforms (eg. Puppet, Terraform, or similar)
- Experience in performing VM migration on databases like Oracle, MySQL, and MSSQL would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of LAN, WAN and Data Centre network architectures, enterprise design and industry standards relevant to data communications / networking and computing.
- Knowledge of Software Defined Networking (SDN) on Cisco ACI and NSX-V/NSX-T will be advantageous.
- Ability to direct project design and planning activities associated with complex or large sized network infrastructure development projects.
- Experience in dealing with vendors on technology and services.
Headquartered in Singapore, Singtel has 140 years of operating experience and played a pivotal role in the country’s development as a major communications hub. Optus, our subsidiary in Australia, is a leader in integrated telecommunications, constantly raising the bar in innovative products and services.
We are also strategically invested in leading companies in Asia and Africa, including Bharti Airtel (India, South Asia and Africa), Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines) and Advanced Info Service (Thailand). We work closely with our associates, leveraging our scale in networks, customer reach and extensive operational experience to lead and shape the communications industry.
Together, the Group serves over 700 million mobile customers around world. Singtel is one of the largest listed Singapore companies on the Singapore Exchange by market capitalisation.
The Group has a vast network of offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the USA, and employs more than 23,000 staff worldwide.