Cloud Engineer, Cloud
- Serve as the deep Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the development of cloud infrastructure solutions which includes multi/hybrid cloud design and implementation
- Constantly explore new solutions and technologies, integrate learning and recommendations into the development process
- Demonstrate good expertise in all major Cloud Service Providers’ products and solutions
- Specialize in the best practice design, operations, and support of private/public/hybrid cloud infrastructure including Network, Storage, Compute and Security
- Ensure proposed design gels and aligns to Application, Enterprise, Security architecture
- Create architecture artefacts and documentation to effectively explain architecture design concepts and solutions to various level of stakeholders
- Recommend new services to complement and enhance infrastructure elements to stream-line and support applications development and deployment
- Apply knowledge of Agile software development and DevOps to infrastructure as code development and deployment.
- Lead continuous enhancement and exploratory work to design, develop, test and deploy new Cloud Infrastructure technologies using agile methods
- Project management of cloud infrastructure setup and implementation
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Bachelor in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineer, Information Technology or related discipline
- Has minimally 8 years’ experience in designing/implementation/consulting of large-scale private/public/hybrid cloud infrastructure solutions
- The candidate should have attained professional certifications in the following areas with at least 5 years of implementation experience in:
- AWS/Azure/Google Cloud/VMware
- Possess hands-on experience and good technical skills with proven track records in IT infrastructure and/or emerging IT technologies engineering in the following area:
- Platform, storage, database and virtualization
- Cloud infrastructure (IaaS/PaaS)
- Container technologies like Dockers, Kubernetes and AWS ECS
- Knowledge of with DevOps techniques and Agile practices is an added advantage
- Proficient in multi-tiered architecture, design and implementation
- Experience with Web and server technologies including Virtualization, Web services, EAI, with knowledge of J2EE and SOA concept
- Knowledge of client/server and distributed computing knowledge with messaging, SOAP, .NET and AD
- Strong working knowledge and ability to apply architecture concepts, frameworks and methodologies to projects
- Experienced in business and technical analysis, architecture design, project management
- Ability to communicate IT architecture methods, concepts, standards and policies
- PMP, ITIL and TOGAF certification is an added advantage
- Good written and verbal communication and presentation skills, able to interact professionally with all levels of the organization
Headquartered in Singapore, Singtel has 140 years of operating experience and played a pivotal role in the country’s development as a major communications hub. Optus, our subsidiary in Australia, is a leader in integrated telecommunications, constantly raising the bar in innovative products and services.
We are also strategically invested in leading companies in Asia and Africa, including Bharti Airtel (India, South Asia and Africa), Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines) and Advanced Info Service (Thailand). We work closely with our associates, leveraging our scale in networks, customer reach and extensive operational experience to lead and shape the communications industry.
Together, the Group serves over 700 million mobile customers around world. Singtel is one of the largest listed Singapore companies on the Singapore Exchange by market capitalisation.
The Group has a vast network of offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the USA, and employs more than 23,000 staff worldwide.