Cloud COE Lead
The APAC COE works on a wide range of accounts & projects, across a wide range of clients in all sectors. COE will focus & work very closely across all the Business Units to fulfilling the Cloud and Infrastructure requirements as they arise.
As an Architect and Domain Lead you will get exposure to the following types of roles responsibilities
• PreSales Architecture – responsible for the specification, design, cost and proposal of cloud solutions to meet formal client requirements. Significant client facing work is required.
• Bid technical leadership – responsible for the technical leadership coordination and solution proposition on large outsourcing hosting deals. Experience and evidence of architecting and leading delivery of complex cloud projects must be a core capability.
• Responsible for Billing(50%) & generate revenue via order booking, focus on billability
• Technical ownership of COE driven programs/projects & provide/mediate technical consultation in a particular geography.
• Lead a COE team and in time have subject matter experts/architects and other CCoE members reporting to you.
- Responsibility for supporting the development and closing of Cloud/Infra/Apps service opportunities for the COE
- Define and implement a structured way of handling each services opportunity – client meeting/solution pitch/RFP response/RFI response/presentation/etc.
- Take the lead/participate in opportunity assessment, qualification, developing response strategy, proposal development, review and feedback process, competitive positioning, pricing/commercial decisions.
- Lead client visits – from the stage of planning, identifying key participants, story board for the meeting, reviewing content, planning demos/team discussions and front ending the discussion.
- Assist the sales team in prospecting with relevant technical pitch and market/company specific data.
- Generate collaterals, case studies, white papers, and assist sales in service evangelism.
- Take on complex project delivery roles, as required, to ensure service quality and to support individual and team billable utilization targets.
- Support the development of project and consultancy portfolio items and offers for the practice.
- Provide training and guidance on the cloud including public cloud as well as related platform engineering to sales and account teams.
- Be recognized as one of the go-to cloud and platform engineering experts in the APAC business.
- Over time build a team of cloud champions that you will help steer, direct and coach as part of the overall APAC CCoE team.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Demonstrable experience of selling and/or delivering Cloud/Infra/Apps related transformations
- Detailed knowledge and experience of some of the following:
- Migrating to or operating in the cloud with certification in at least one major cloud service provider (AWS, Azure, or Google)
- Architecture Framework (TOGAF/IAF) is desirable
- Solutioning technologies like Paas,IaaS, DevOps, DevSecOps, CI-CD
- AWS and/or Azure platform features and capabilities
- Kubernetes and Containers
- Automation and orchestration tooling such as Packer, Terraform, Cloud Formation
- Management/responsibility of presales/SA’s / advisory folks.
- Proven track record of selling infrastructure services projects and consultancy bids during the pre-sales perspective.
- Demonstrated performance in complex solutioning and innovative deal construct.
- Consultative, value-proposition/business case driven pre-sales methodology experience.
- Strong techno-commercial/business orientation and cost sensitive.
- Self-driven and motivated, comfortable with change/ambiguity
- Financial management experience: estimating, budgeting, pricing, risk assessment.
- Execute on assigned RFP/RFI/proposals/proposal sections and deliver a high-quality response in terms of content, formatting and value-adds.
- Hands on experience in writing proposals and delivering customer presentations.
- Hard-working, detailed, quality and deliverable-oriented.
- Excellent communication and written skills.
- Excellent presentation and proposal/RFP skills.
- Completely flexible and mobile to travel globally, as required.
- Provide technical leadership across the programme of work or project both from Infra and application level
- Own the overall technical elements on a solution/programme
- Development of architectural solutions within the programme
- Worked on bids and costing of architecture solutions
- Point of contact to senior stakeholders (internal and external) related to technical Architecture
- Manage any dependencies, risks and requirements between stakeholders
- Excellent awareness of current IT trends (Cloud/Agile/DevOps) and products that can influence client’s decisions
- In depth strategic view on outcomes, methodologies and process
- Provide and manage an effective Architecture governance model
- Experience working on and have delivered complex Cloud, EUC or Datacentre transformations for large clients
Headquartered in Singapore, Singtel has 140 years of operating experience and played a pivotal role in the country’s development as a major communications hub. Optus, our subsidiary in Australia, is a leader in integrated telecommunications, constantly raising the bar in innovative products and services.
We are also strategically invested in leading companies in Asia and Africa, including Bharti Airtel (India, South Asia and Africa), Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines) and Advanced Info Service (Thailand). We work closely with our associates, leveraging our scale in networks, customer reach and extensive operational experience to lead and shape the communications industry.
Together, the Group serves over 700 million mobile customers around world. Singtel is one of the largest listed Singapore companies on the Singapore Exchange by market capitalisation.
The Group has a vast network of offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the USA, and employs more than 23,000 staff worldwide.