: 07/Sep/2022, 8:07:32 AM
: 08/Oct/2022, 2:59:00 AM
We’re an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we’ve worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you’re looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can’t wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you’ll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies – everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
Recruitment assessments – some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you’ve applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Third Party Resilience Risk Management:
The risks associated with the use of 3rd parties are widespread, and the related risk management requirements cut across multiple standards and policies. However, it is critical that the third party providers we engage, have adequate resilience capabilities in BAU and during operational disruptions to support the business.
The CCIB TP Resilience Risk & Control role is being established to provide 3rd Party Resilience advisory support, and the review and challenge work for Corporate, Commercial & Institutional Banking (“CCIB”) and Financial Crime Surveillance Operations (“FCSO”) non-vendor 3rd Party arrangements, ensuring that all TP Resilience due diligence requirements are understood and complied with. The team will specialize in all Business Resilience Pillars (Business Continuity Management, Crisis Management, Operational Resilience and Operational Continuity in Resolution).
The team will focus on non-vendor Unique Third-Party Types, and will sit within Regional COOs for Corporate, Commercial & Institutional Banking and perform dedicated Risk and Control activities across CCIB and FCSO.
Advisory support & Review and Challenge on 3rd Party Resilience
- Support all 3rd party Resilience related queries from CCIB and FCSO contract owners, contract managers and utility or support functions such as Network Management.
- Partner with the business and other relevant functions to design effective trigger review processes.
- Review and challenge the adequacy of the Third Party Risk Assessments undertaken on material UTP arrangements in the TPRM process
- Perform arrangement level control checks to ensure Contract Owners have completed all necessary due diligence measures for new-to-bank, periodic review and trigger reviews
- Support CCIB/FCSO GPOs in reporting of TP Resilience Risks to Business Non-Financial Risk Committees (“NFRCs”) and CCIB Operational Resilience Forum.
- Develop MIs where needed to support TP Resilience capabilities across CCIB and FCSO.
Delivery and Governance
- Monitor uplift, mitigation and remediation actions. Track progress against control findings.
- Support training and awareness sessions on 3rd Party Resilience due diligence as required.
- Partner with Country and Group Process Owners, to drive a synergy and strong partnership to mitigate Third-Party Risk in CCIB/FCSO.
- Partner with the TPRM Redux Tool team to identify areas of potential improvement in the tool. Support User Testing where required.
- Provide support to Business QPRs for prioritisation of treatment plans, where required.
Geographic Resilience Target Operating Model:
The candidate will also support CCIB Operational Resilience in the design, impact and resourcing assessment and migration of the Resilience Target Operating Model (“TOM”).
- Partner with CCIB Operational Resilience to impact assess the implementation of its Target Operating Model (“TOM”) in countries and regions.
- Support CCIB Operational Resilience in the implementation of the TOM in countries and regions.
- Provide ongoing support to geographies, and resolve any questions or concerns raised.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Financial Markets. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Group Operational Resilience
- Group Operational Risk
- Regional COOs
- CCIB Operational Resilience
- Network and Nostro Management
- Transaction Banking Business Resilience Leads
- Financial Market Business Resilience Leads
- Client Coverage Business Resilience Leads
- DCDA Business Resilience Leads
- FCSO Business Resilience Leads
- Country / Regional – Business Heads, and Country/Regional 2LOD Resilience teams
- GIA, External Auditors
- Bachelor degree in a related field
- 10+ years of experience in Banking industry
- 5+ years of hands-on experience of first line of defence, including design and implementation of control frameworks
- Experience in supply chain or vendor management functions
- Strong written and communication skills,
- Ability to draft reports that clearly communicate observations and risks would be required.
- Ability to multitask and ensure that all key priorities are delivered as per agreed timelines
- Competency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, SharePoint).
- Ability to foster positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders at the appropriate level
- Strong self-starter who can scope, plan and deliver their work. Proactive mindset
- Ability to manage and prioritise multiple assignments
- Ability to work independently under tight deadlines and with a high degree of autonomy and initiative
- Solid understanding on Operational Risk, Enterprise Risk Management frameworks and its components
- Knowledge of banking operations, technological infrastructure and IT systems, banking industry, customers, functions, products and governing regulatory requirements would be a plus.
- Risk, Control and Assurance experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of risk governance frameworks & quality frameworks and processes
- Data and Management Information design capability
- Process improvement methodologies
- Business – Governance & Support
- Experience in Business Resilience
- Stakeholder management
- Project management
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers
About Standard Chartered
We offer banking services that help people and companies to succeed, creating wealth and growth across our markets. Our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise – Here for good.
With more than 86,000 employees and a presence in 60 markets, our network serves customers in close to 150 markets worldwide. We're listed on the London and Hong Kong Stock Exchanges as well as the Bombay and National Stock Exchanges in India.