: 02/Sep/2022, 3:50:26 PM
The role sits in the Standard Charted Financial Markets Technology team focusing on the build out of the in-house strategic cross asset risk platform: SABRE. It consists in designing and delivering solutions to the users of this platform with an initial focus on Market, Static and Reference data management.
Whilst the SABRE platform has continuously been improved over the years to scale to an ever-increasing user base and a growing number of capabilities, amount of data and computation, its static and market data components have grown organically without going through any drastic transformation. The refreshed FM static and market strategy also provides a unique opportunity to realign the SABRE Static and Market Data Service (MDS) software architecture, interfaces, and operational processes to that strategy.
MDS supports ~100+ million requests per day, about 2200 users worldwide and is a critical component of the FM Risk platform. It’s also an enabler for all major projects: FRTB, IBOR transition, key systems migrations and more. The team is made of ~30 people and delivers to all functions, FM Front Office (incl. Quants), Middle Office, Market Risk, Valuation Control, Product Control, Technology and Back Office. It covers all asset classes: FX, Rates, Credit, EQ and Commodities.
The role consists in joining the team driving the MDS transformation while delivering continuous improvements to all key stakeholders.
- Analyse and understand user’s needs. Challenge status quo and the reflex of solutioning rather than focusing on the core requirement or perpetuating old processes and bad habits.
- Design and propose optimal and future proof solutions to meet these requirements.
- Define and articulate unambiguous implementation instructions for the development teams, success criteria for the test team and operational changes (when applicable) for end users.
- Be an active member of the scrum team, contributing to the solution build and delivery, reviewing test cases, closing out open issues / questions, assisting with sprint planning and retrospective.
- Assist the business with user acceptance tests, including communication, planning, preparation and test case preparation.
- Pro-actively engage, manage and build strong relationships with both business and technology stakeholders.
- Identify risks and impediments early, plan mitigating steps and communicate these to workstream lead and business stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Be delivery focused, committed to specific tasks and ensure these and the deadlines are met.
- Heads of trading desks, flow traders, structured traders, quantitative analysts, middle office, market risk, Product Control/Valuation Control, development leads, developers, testers, project managers, program manager, support groups.
- Stakeholder feedback (Business and Technology).
- Delivery of individual tasks within the projected timelines.
- Quality of solutions design (future proof, generic, scalable, supportable, high degree of CI / CD).
- Quality of documentation, high degree of test coverage of the solutions being delivered.
- Compliance with corporate governance, ensuring projects pass internal audits and reviews.
Our Ideal Candidate
- 8+ years of experience with business analysis and solution design in the Financial Markets industry.
- Strong knowledge of derivatives across asset classes encompassing product knowledge, pricing, risk analytics and trade life cycle.
- Extensive knowledge in the reference and market data (rate /fx / cds / commodities curves, vol surfaces, FM instruments, bonds / ABS, futures, ect).
- Background in engineering is a big plus.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Quantitative finance understanding, ability to liaise with quants on pricing and risk topics.
- Proven ability to work across business streams and have exposure to front to back system implementation.
- Good understanding of key technology concepts, basics in SQL, functional programming, and architecture. Strong technical acumen is a big plus.
- Knowledge and experience of Agile development practices.
- Ability to work proactively, independently and displays strong initiative.
- Pragmatic team player with an attention to detail.
- Ability to drive multiple agenda and effectively manage priorities.
- Strong communication and presentation skills with an excellent standard of English are a must.
- Multicultural awareness.
- Displays personal authority, integrity and ethics.
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Knowledge of FM products and market data
- Pricing and risk of derivative products
- Trading systems
- Agile delivery
About Standard Chartered
We’re an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we’ve worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you’re looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can’t wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you’ll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies – everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
Recruitment assessments – some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you’ve applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progress
About Standard Chartered
We offer banking services that help people and companies to succeed, creating wealth and growth across our markets. Our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise – Here for good.
With more than 86,000 employees and a presence in 60 markets, our network serves customers in close to 150 markets worldwide. We're listed on the London and Hong Kong Stock Exchanges as well as the Bombay and National Stock Exchanges in India.