Backend Developer ( 1 Year Agency Contract)
At Singtel, we’re working on projects that push the boundaries of digital, realising our vision and purpose to Empower Every Generation. We have a dynamic and diverse team, with a passion for innovation, and talent to deliver cutting-edge digital solutions and immersive customer experience.
In Group IT, we create great technology that can change the future, and we’re looking for people to be part of our digital and 5G journey. If you like to work in a dynamic, leading communications technology group to deliver innovations and excellence across the region, come join our digital, software engineering, data and cyber security teams!
Apply now, and ignite our digital future together.
- Contribute to backend platform development
- Build new API/microservices based on AWS serverless stack
- Build micro-services and understand different patterns to approach the designs
- Implement logging and monitoring system to monitor API and backend system
- Collaborate with Business development and partnership team to develop integration adapters for third party technology and applications.
- Ensure stable and high quality of each release
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Participate in code reviews
- Adopt industry standard coding practises to develop the platform to ensure scalability, security, and stability
- Improving application performance
- Degree/Diploma in Computer Science/Information Systems or equivalent
- AWS Certified Developer will be an advantage
- 7-10 years’ experience in professional software development
- Experience in building highly secure, fault tolerant, reliable, scalable, and extensible systems using cloud architecture
- Extensive experience in designing and developing API
- Microservices and serverless architecture
- Backend development using node.js
- Experience in REST and GraphQL
- Cloud experience ideally AWS, particularly with serverless stacks such as AppSync, API Gateway, Lambda, Dynamo DB, SQS
- Data modelling, design patterns
- Strong experience in agile and engineering best practice
- Experience in using source control management GitHub
- Exposure to Agile development approach, Continuous Integration tools, automation testing tools, Test Driven Development is a plus
- Ability to independently solve problems
- Comfortable working with offshore development team to build API/backend system
- Ability to manage a heavy workload, and use their judgement to prioritize things that align with the overall business strategy and move the needle
At Singtel, we’re working on projects that push the boundaries of digital, realising our vision and purpose <span styl
Headquartered in Singapore, Singtel has 140 years of operating experience and played a pivotal role in the country’s development as a major communications hub. Optus, our subsidiary in Australia, is a leader in integrated telecommunications, constantly raising the bar in innovative products and services.
We are also strategically invested in leading companies in Asia and Africa, including Bharti Airtel (India, South Asia and Africa), Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines) and Advanced Info Service (Thailand). We work closely with our associates, leveraging our scale in networks, customer reach and extensive operational experience to lead and shape the communications industry.
Together, the Group serves over 700 million mobile customers around world. Singtel is one of the largest listed Singapore companies on the Singapore Exchange by market capitalisation.
The Group has a vast network of offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the USA, and employs more than 23,000 staff worldwide.