AWS Cloud Engineer
AWS Cloud Engineer
We have a great opportunity for a talented and self-motivated individual to join our team in NCS. At NCS, we seek to nurture talents in creating and developing innovative solutions. If you are passionate about new technologies and new ideas, NCS could be a place for you!
Business used to rely on technology, now business is technology, and customer experience is the IT experience. Navigating and harnessing this digital transformation quickly is how to get ahead but it comes with challenges. NCS designed to help accelerate digital transformation by making Hybrid IT simple and powering the new way of operations. By leveraging NCS’s strength in infrastructure, partner ecosystems and end-to-end lifecycle experience, solutions are optimized supporting unique business demands.
The Transformation Office brings together a creative workforce that innovates and revolutionise our workplace & customers’ experience. We imbue a culture of commitment to operational excellence, collaboration, people development, and creative thinking. We inspire an outcome that transforms and modernised the way people live and work.
This is a client facing / delivery role, working on cloud operations in the delivery team. You will execute daily cloud operations as well as cloud implementations in technical customer engagements including basic operations and administration, specific implementation projects and/or pilots in Cloud.
The ideal candidate will have experience in delivery roles and success in implementation discussions, hands-on experience with good client handling skills and good team player within the team. The candidate should also be able to provide solutions and technical expertise to fellow team members and in client accounts.
- Apply technical knowledge, hands-on and customer insights to operate and administrate a cloud infrastructure
- Ensure all configuration conforms to high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, and appropriate reusability and reliability upon deployment, aligning to design documentation specifications
- Ability to codify or implement/deploy configurations with the principles of automation by default in new projects with proper documentations
- Ability to codify or maintain cloud systems in an automated fashion using tools like Ansible, CloudFormation, Terraform etc with proper documentation
- Collaborate with Cloud Solution Architects in providing technical expertise in cloud operations and administrations
- Participate in Cloud Migrations for VMs using tools like CloudEndure with more than 50 VMs migration or Databases would be preferred
- Collaborate with team members to engage clients in operational meetings, discussions, process betterment and contribute to optimisations for the client’s environment
- Maintain technical skills, certifications and knowledge of market trends and competitive insights; collaborate and share with the technical community specifically in the cloud space
- Ability to manage issues with proper resolution/documentation and SLAs is required for this role
The ideal candidate should possess
- 5+ years of success in operational/administration and deployment/migration projects in Cloud Environment
- . Ability to solve customer problems through cloud technologies
- . Acknowledged helping to provide solutions to issues collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with proper follow up and closure.
Strong technical experience with cloud infrastructures, migrations, and technology management
AWS Solution Architect Associate Certification or any AWS speciality certification is required
- Expertise of cloud infrastructure solutions (i.e. Windows and Linux IaaS, Terraform, Ansible, CloudFormation Networking, OSS) would be advantageous
- Knowledge of Containerisation technologies eg EKS/AKS/GKE/K8s/Openshift/Tanzu with CKA certification would be advantageous
Headquartered in Singapore, Singtel has 140 years of operating experience and played a pivotal role in the country’s development as a major communications hub. Optus, our subsidiary in Australia, is a leader in integrated telecommunications, constantly raising the bar in innovative products and services.
We are also strategically invested in leading companies in Asia and Africa, including Bharti Airtel (India, South Asia and Africa), Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines) and Advanced Info Service (Thailand). We work closely with our associates, leveraging our scale in networks, customer reach and extensive operational experience to lead and shape the communications industry.
Together, the Group serves over 700 million mobile customers around world. Singtel is one of the largest listed Singapore companies on the Singapore Exchange by market capitalisation.
The Group has a vast network of offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the USA, and employs more than 23,000 staff worldwide.