: Asia-Malaysia-Kuala Lumpur, Asia-Hong Kong
: 02/Sep/2022, 8:03:49 AM
- Lead and participate in audit engagements to meet the annual CPBB audit plan, and raise audit issues focussed on key risks, root causes, materiality and succinct messages.
- Ensure audit work clearly identifies and provides assurance on all relevant risk types.
- Prepare presentations, concept papers, management update reports on emerging risk and audit themes as and when directed.
- Develop and manage effective stakeholder relationships.
- Bachelor’s / a Post-graduate Degree in Business / Accounting.
- Prefer 6+ years of work experience in banking industry with a risk and controls focus.
- Experienced internal auditor, risk professional or business practitioner.
- Strong interest and desire to learn about digital banking and modern technology. Ability to think strategically and participate in building a future dynamic audit model where the audit function too applies an Agile approach.
- Background in auditing Agile projects within a financial institution is a strong plus. Candidates without prior audit experience but with strong domain expertise in all aspects of Agile project management will also be considered.
- Prior experience and track record of project management, team leading, and interacting with senior management is recommended. Demonstrating sound judgement and sensitivity to deal with cultural and geographic diversity is essential.
- Articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing. Be able to objectively summarize and draw out key themes and risks for management attention.
- Comfortable with data-based auditing. Ability to bring in external knowledge on the use of data analytics will be an advantage.
- Be self-motivated and able to function independently. Should have a collaborative approach and be a team player and be able to role model core values of Standard Chartered.
- Accounting / Audit qualification is strongly preferred (including e.g. ACA, ACCA, IIA).
- While the preferred locations are Singapore/ Hong Kong / Malaysia, other locations will be considered for suitable internal candidates.
- Ability to commit to travel across the Bank’s CPBB footprint.
- Techniques for AI / ML modelling for consumer / retail banks.
- Responsible AI / ML and Explainability and understanding of client’s perspective.
- Data Quality Management techniques including using alternate data and exploratory data-analytics.
- Data query and modelling using relevant data analysis and coding software.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you’ll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies – everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
Recruitment assessments – some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you’ve applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers
About Standard Chartered
We offer banking services that help people and companies to succeed, creating wealth and growth across our markets. Our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise – Here for good.
With more than 86,000 employees and a presence in 60 markets, our network serves customers in close to 150 markets worldwide. We're listed on the London and Hong Kong Stock Exchanges as well as the Bombay and National Stock Exchanges in India.