Associate Engineer (Networks)
At Singtel, we believe in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers. We strive to ensure all our people practices are non-discriminatory and provide a fair, performance-based work culture that is diverse, inclusive and collaborative.
Join us and experience what it’s like to be with an Employer of Choice*. Together, let’s create a brighter digital future for all. *Awarded at the HR Fest Awards 2020.
Singtel Networks, the most established telecommunications infrastructure provider in Singapore is transforming to enable the digital generation of tomorrow. We are introducing new capabilities in 5G, Cloud, Analytics, Digital Commerce, Software Engineering, Cyber Security to enhance our core competencies and deliver innovative and differentiated Mobile and Fixed services (Broadband, TV and Telephony) for our customers. We are committed to celebrating inclusion and diversity and is a strong believer to upskill and nurture all individuals. Come join us today as we build Singtel’s Networks of tomorrow, and Empower Every Generation to live, work and play in new ways!
- Perform infrastructure planning for new developments, which includes site meeting with the developer and M&E consultant, inspection of telecom facilities provided by developer and ensure the tenants in the building can have SingTel services before TOP date.
- Engage with the developer for information on TOP dates, number of units and also to have site meetings with consultants and main contractors for inspection and taking over of telecom facilities in accordance the IMDA COPIF.
- Planning of pre-lay fibre to every unit for non-residential developments.
- Review COPIF plan submissions by developer to TFCC.
- Co-ordinate the work from pipeline connections to equipment commissioning.
- Manage and resolve site issues related to pipe and cable – Work with provisioning teams and contractors to resolve site issues like pipe block, pipe congestion, and access issues.
- Any other duties assigned by Manager-in-charge.
The Ideal candidate should possess:
Diploma in Electronics Engineering/Telecommunications or in relevant field.
At least 2 years of related working experience.
Able to work during non-office hours on an occasional basis and be on 24 x 7 hours standby alert for ad-hoc faults.
We are committed to a safe and healthy environment for our employees & customers and will require all prospective employees to be fully vaccinated.
Headquartered in Singapore, Singtel has 140 years of operating experience and played a pivotal role in the country’s development as a major communications hub. Optus, our subsidiary in Australia, is a leader in integrated telecommunications, constantly raising the bar in innovative products and services.
We are also strategically invested in leading companies in Asia and Africa, including Bharti Airtel (India, South Asia and Africa), Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines) and Advanced Info Service (Thailand). We work closely with our associates, leveraging our scale in networks, customer reach and extensive operational experience to lead and shape the communications industry.
Together, the Group serves over 700 million mobile customers around world. Singtel is one of the largest listed Singapore companies on the Singapore Exchange by market capitalisation.
The Group has a vast network of offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the USA, and employs more than 23,000 staff worldwide.